Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody I talked to says not to use this, but then I noticed that they sell it in Lion Country supply. So theres got to be some truth behind it. Anybody using it?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Used primary for tape worms. People use this product and other paste such as safeguard for intestinal worms but if you use ivomec at 1/10cc per 10 lbs you dogs shouldn't get anything but tapes. I'm not sue of the doage but if I remember correctly the dose of this stuff is 1 cc for a 25lb beagle. I used it once on a male that had tapes. I gave him 1/2 cc and that was the end of that. No more tapes. I'll do the math later and post.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used primary for tape worms. People use this product and other paste such as safeguard for intestinal worms but if you use ivomec at 1/10cc per 10 lbs you dogs shouldn't get anything but tapes. I'm not sue of the doage but if I remember correctly the dose of this stuff is 1 cc for a 25lb beagle. I used it once on a male that had tapes. I gave him 1/2 cc and that was the end of that. No more tapes. I'll do the math later and post.
Please post the dosage. Thats my next question.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody I talked to says not to use this, but then I noticed that they sell it in Lion Country supply. So theres got to be some truth behind it. Anybody using it?
Sorry ya'll , it was actually the equimax. Think its the same thing.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i use zimectrin gold for heart worm prevention mainly, actually thats pretty much all i use for any worms. i was told that zimectrin gold was not good for tape worms in dogs, do not know how true that is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use Z Gold too. Used it on a dog that had tape worms, and it was effective. I do rotate it every other month with ivomec. Maybe back to back some in the summer months when fleas are the worst. I give the 1/10th per 10lbs of the ivomec, and 1 click on the plunger for the Z Gold per hound.

Chris Havard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts