Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct dosage of worm medicine a person should give to pups that are only 2 weeks old ?:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
The only thing Ive used on pups that young is Nemex and at that age I usually give em about .2 cc's. Thats POINT TWO in case you didnt see the period.

Thats a little bit more than they recomend but I havent had any problem yet (knock on wood).

I know some guys that use Valbazen and just put a drop or two but I havent been brave enough to try that on young pups yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I give 1/4th of a cc of Strogid T at two weeks old, then 1/4th the next week, then 1/2 cc the next week. After that I give 1 cc per 10 lbs. every two weeks. When they get two or three months old I give Valbazen at 1cc per 10 pounds just to clean up anything the Strongid T may have missed. Then at four months old I put them on Ivomec once a month.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wormer I bought is called wormer2X they said it was the same as nemex I will try giving a 1/4 cc and see how that works, have anyone tried that safegaurd for goats

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If they're healthy I give them a 1/10 even though they don't weigh 10 lbs. I haven't had a problem doing this. Additionally I give ivomec every two weeks instead of once a month. Each treatment is 3/10's for small 13 incher's since we all know small dogs are the only way to go! Sorry mr Wendell I had to burn them walker hounds! I've run with John and mike a few times and them big dogs have bog noses!

·
Registered
324 Posts
The nemex and the generic nemex (wormer2x) won't hurt them nomatter how much u give them. Don't worry about giving them too much because u can't.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I use Hartz Ultra Guard plus from wal-mart on my pups. It is the same thing as nemex but half the strength, and half the price but it does get the worms.

·
Registered
395 Posts
name game

pyrantel pamote is your best bet for pups it kills large round worms and hook worms. 1cc per 20 pounds 20 bucks for 16 0z. much cheaper its the same as nemex and evict your paying for a name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts