Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like to ride 4 wheelers or whatever else my boys find for us to go do. But with 2 young boys and running dogs 10 months out of the year i dont have much left over time or money.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like to go camping down at Shoal Bay and hit the Arkansas River from there and fish the shallow flats for catfish with trot lines and noodle fishing. It's a blast and it's just about to be the right time of year to get started. My 8 year old son and wife love to go noodle fishing because I just drive the boat and let them pull the fish in the boat. Last year my son reached and grabbed the noodle and started to pull the fish in and it pulled the noodle out of his hands when it jerked back and took the noodle under water and held it for about a minute or so and then popped back up we circled around and he grabbed the line again and held on that time and my wife got the net and pulled it in and it weight about 12 pounds. The look on his face was priceless!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I like to go camping down at Shoal Bay and hit the Arkansas River from there and fish the shallow flats for catfish with trot lines and noodle fishing. It's a blast and it's just about to be the right time of year to get started. My 8 year old son and wife love to go noodle fishing because I just drive the boat and let them pull the fish in the boat. Last year my son reached and grabbed the noodle and started to pull the fish in and it pulled the noodle out of his hands when it jerked back and took the noodle under water and held it for about a minute or so and then popped back up we circled around and he grabbed the line again and held on that time and my wife got the net and pulled it in and it weight about 12 pounds. The look on his face was priceless!

Hey Randy that sounds kinda scary but fun. I'm like you I'm keepin' mine in the boat. Be sure to take some pics maybe even a video that would be something cool to watch. I know I'd like to see it and everyone else on here would too I'm sure.

Roger

·
Registered
260 Posts
Roger maybe I need to rephrase the word noodling thats what we call the floats that we use because they are made out of foam pool noodles but it is the same thing as what most people call jugging. A float with a string and hook and we just chase the pool noodles around the river and take the fish off. I am not sticking my hands in those holes in the water if I can't see whats in there. No way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
when not running dogs i build cars. here is my latest

1950 ford custom deluxe flat head 8 3 on the tree with overdrive. i told the wife i was going to haul the dogs in it. she didnt find that to funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts