Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't carry anything to the woods. The woods is the safest place on the whole planet to be. No people.

I know what an animals gonna do. Only humans do things animals will not do.

Now

When Mrs. Red and I take an evening excursion into the city...…. (New Orleans)…….for social events, to visit friends or to have a little R and R we always armor up to the hilt with an lovely assortment of sleek, very low profile, personally tailored gear that fits our attire and life style that doesn't stand out......just incase the evening gets a little..... animated. You can never have too much fun!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Only time I carry a gun to the woods is if I’m hunting , if I’m just running dogs or just roaming around scouting or if I just want to leave this world behind and go catch my breath and look at Gods beauty I don’t carry anything but like Mitch said when I have to hit the town or out of town for work well thats a different story , I’m your huckleberry !

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have always carried since a friend and I were Pheasant hunting in Mt Pleasant , Michigan, we had permission to hunt the parcel of land we were on. A guy came out and told us we were on his property and he wanted Barry and I to give him our guns. The guy had a 45 pistol he was carrying, we both had our shotguns. We told him we had permission which we did, he still was yelling at us to give him our guns, we said if you want our guns we are not going to give them to you. I stated you will have to call the State Police or Sheriff. Barry and I were both on the Central Michigan University campus Karate Club, Barry was a Black belt and I was a Red belt, just below a Black Belt. As emotions subsided we were able to talk about what is occurring. The guy stated he was fed up with people coming on his land hunting. He showed us his property lines which we did not go on. We ended up shaking hands and we went on our way as did he.
That is one of the closest times I have ever thought I would get shot. I would go and ask him if he wanted to hunt and we went a few times and gave him a couple roosters because he had other things he had to do.
we had built a good friendship after the major/first contact we had.
I have carried ever since and will NEVER give my gun to any land owner. JMHO

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
"So what do you carry if your not hunting just running dogs?"

Wow!!!!....Sorry to hear all that...…. Thank God I don't run dogs in any places I have to be armed and on alert to stay alive.

That wouldn't be fun.

Where in the world do yawl live?

Where I run beagle dogs when not hunting we are just laughing and joking and playing and having a big time. ...Just a bunch of big kids, excited to be outside running and skipping with our dogs and having a ball. It's a glorious time!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
A hunter was running his dogs at state land near Monroe Michigan, got done running put them in dog box, left and as he was driving his truck it was not running right.
Someone came to the state land crawled under his truck and removed his oil drain plug. You can guess the rest.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Mitch most of the time I don’t even worry about it either but I’ve had 2 occasions in the past where 1 car blocked the end of the road leading to the parking lot I was in and 2 car’s pulled in coming towards me in the parking lot. Once they saw I had a shotgun they stopped and backed out to the road and left. May have been nothing but just felt suspicious. Another time there was a guy that had been hiding out from the police in an old church on some of the core ground I run on. When the cops got him there was shots fired before they got him in custody. He had 3 gun’s with him and I heard he was wanted in a murder investigation I’m not sure of all the details but for me I’d rather have a gun with me and not need it than be pinned down wishing I had one, same as carrying one when we go out on the town. The animals & the good Ol boy’s are not the one’s causing the issues

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey brother I fully understand but I would probably move to a happy place! Oh yea I would.

I can help you get a good job down here if you still need or want to work.

Beagle clubs and running pens, fox pens, yote pens open running land in every direction.

They got some dream land all around me next to the game reserve for sale in 50 acre tracks and up. All you want.

Reserve is Stuffed full of game and fish right across the street and no one using it. Your got it all to yourself. 30 miles worth of bliss.

Wonderful kind and friendly people. Beautiful country, in the middle of the Sportsman's Paradise.

Best food on the planet and some of the prettiest girls that ever graced the planet.

We could run everyday together and I could show you the ropes on everting to can imagine. Fishing, Crawfishing, Crabbing, Duck Hunting, Deer, Hog and Squirrel Hunting and Rabbit Hunting with Hawks, Shrimping you name it bro it's all hear. Pure Life.

People are friendly down here bro.

Life is short and the world is your oyster!

Shall I book you a showing.

I got plenty of dogs for both of us. Your already set up. Just come on down. The price is right!

Mitch

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful place to call home but that would break me at this point in life cause my little city wife of 26 yrs would not fit in down there in all that paradise, she wouldn’t even eat any of that good food you’re always talking about. I’ll just have to tuff it out here at home and settle with dreaming of a vacation to such a heavenly place

21 - 40 of 44 Posts