Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I made some Venison Philly Cheese Steaks. Slice 1 1/2 lb venison loin slices very thin. Put in a bowl over night with 1/3 bottle of lawry's teriyaki marinade and and a tablespoon Fiesta fajita seasoning. Medium high heat brown(in 3 tablespoons of canola oil) medium onion and a large green pepper chopped for about 7 minutes. Remove onion and peppers add another tablespoon of oil and brown meat for 3 minutes per side. Add your onions and peppers back and cover with provolone cheese. Reduce heat until cheese is melted. Serve on browned hoagie rolls with garlic butter.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Thanks TJ. My better half, who has a culinary degree, did not approve of this picture because she said it was "poor plating" with the crackers already crumbled up in there making it look "lumpy" as she called it. The picture might not look great but it tastes great thags for sure. They're calling for bad weather the next few days here so this will help get us through it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Ice here and for the next few days. Vegetable Beef Soup, Every vegetable you can think of plus more. The old fashion Cajun way. My daughter cooked it with enough left overs to carry me over for a few days. She did it just like her Mom did it. On Valentine's day. My wife knew it was one of my favorite, I couldn't help from shedding tears while I was eating it, especially on this day with her no longer with us.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
We are finishing off a pot of white chili. I had quite a bag of left over home made vegetable soup I had frozen from left over a week ago. I put it in a pan and thawed and warmed it up. Home made soup and corn bread. I may be drinking whole butter milk with it. Does anyone else on here like butter milk. I drink between a half to a whole gallon a week. You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy (old man actually).

1 - 20 of 73 Posts