Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female out of FC STAR R HAYMAKER and a female that has pro and line controller in her. I have a couple in mind but I wanna hear your thought about what to breed her to.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You need to post a Full Pedigree and tell us more on their running style for us to help you. What are your females traits and what are you looking to add or take away with the breeding?

Answering these few question we will be able to help you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have full ped. but i am looking for more speed, fire out of check, and good conformation. My female lacks foot for what i run and she sometimes hangs up in check area. I would say she is a 5 to 6 on foot speed looking to step that speed up. She is also to tight mouthed in check. All i know is she is pro and line controller on bottom side.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Everybody has different opinions on what they like but since I like Otis dogs and they seem to cross pretty well with most anything you breed em to Id go with Cooter, especially since your close to him.

Another Otis male is a little farther from you but FC Sam's Hustling Otis is a really good dog that has sired some pretty nice dogs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
really need the whole ped.

I have seen alot of Haymakers pups. You seem to get a mixed bag. I ran his grandfather at the nationals. Super nice dog. Great hunt, loved the briars, nice med fast speed, never came out or around etc. Keep the busy gene in there (hunt), and watch breeding to anything that will make up lines. Just my observations from the past 30 yrs or so. Hope you end up with super puppies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts