What other types of hunting do you do?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by FB, Mar 18, 2010.

1. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

I like to bowhunt and turkey hunt. Im still pretty new to turkey hunting but Ive bowhunted for over 25 years. Ill still occasionally use a rifle to deer hunt but there's just something about getting up close and personal with a bow that I really enjoy.

2. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

After the Beagles and rabbit hunting, Trapping and Fishing are my other loves. I also Deer Hunt with rifle (only cause its more of a chore, wife says we need meat, I go get meat and my boy likes it). Epi also likes Turkey hunting, so I take him to do that as well. Pretty much if I aint on duty, I am in the woods or on the water:thumb:.

3. ZakH

ZakH New Member

I love to coon hunt. We have both coon dogs and beagles. Love doing both.

4. I really enjoy my beagles....... BUT I still love climbing up in that stand on a dead quiet evening and watching over a soybean field.

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

Deer ( Gun & Bow ), Coon, Squirrels, Turkey, Quail when I can, and Rabbits. I also love to fish for Bream mostly, Bass, Crappie, and Catfish. I wish I had the time and money to stay home and go from one to the other then start all over again. It is kind of like an addiction isn't it.

Roger

6. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    I like to deer hunt I really enjoy watching them more than shooting them unless there is a big ol set of horns on his head,then I like to put the ol rifle to work.But if I had to choose between rabbit or deer if would most definitely be a pack of hounds a wascily wabbit,HEHE:up:

7. I love hunting period. besides rabbits I enjoy hunting deer any way shape or form although if i could only hunt em one way i would choose my bow. turkeys them bushy tailed tree rats and kinda new to it but ducks and geese. and maybe once a yr a good quail hunt. pretty much if it moves and taste worth anything i will hunt it. but ya cant beat a good pack of hounds and them cotton tails.

8. i hunt and fish for it all :D that is when, my wife will let me.....lol

9. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

I enjoy deer and turkey hunting, also camping and fishing in summer.

10. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

other then rabbits i love to hunt squirrels (with a .22) and deer ( with bow and rifle). then i like to fish for bass, crappie, bream, catfish, and walleye. no catch and release here. i eat what i catch and shoot.

11. Crofford

Crofford New Member

Deer hunt( bow, muzzleload, and rifle) and turkey hunt. I used to love quail hunting I grew up going with my dad and grandpa but kinda hard to do that anymore since there aren't many quail to speak of.

12. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

I will hunt just about anything.

13. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    I like rabbit hunting , but my real love is quail hunting . I grew up bird hunting and never got it out my blood. But like someone else said there are no birds around here anymore so I rabbit hunt.

14. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

used to be a avid deer hunter, but just quit one day and started going to the field trails. and there are so many you can go all the time excepte for the summer months.

15. daveh

daveh Active Member

i have bowhunted over 30 years. got to see the deer herd grow from a few 100 in the cincinnati area to a few hunderd thousand. love to turkey hunt. tree rat hunt with a long bow and 22. i also hunt big bass and crappies. i make all my own soft plastics to bass fish and crappie fish with. the great outdoors you got to love it.

16. MackC

MackC Moderator

I love to hunt anything that involves dogs. Rabbit, Coon, Quail, Fox, Coyote, & squirrels. All are great fun with a good dog. listening to and watching a good pack of beagles turn and bring a big cottontail to the gun on a frosty morning gives me goose bumps! Same with watching a good birddog lock up on a covey on a fall afternoon, or hearing that locating bawl and then steady chop of a coondawg on opening night in the big oak woods, Or listening to 20-30 foxhounds after a redfox or coyote at night with good old friends and a warm fire. Or seeing your son or grandson shooting their first squirrel with an excited cur sitting under the tree barking it's head off. I've seen all those things many times over. Those are things we dream about in July when we are mowing the yard.

17. I just like running my beagles ..use to deer and duck hunt but just quit-- like running my beagles more

18. woodleaf

woodleaf Member

We have beagles and pointers and love them both. I also deer hunt and dove hunt.

19. I hunt everything and it goes about in this order dove, bow deer, gun deer, duck, rabbit, turkey then its fishing My fav is rabbit then turkey then bow deer but what ever season is in to get me in the outdoors is what I hunt