Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another board (RHO) someone was complaining of a judge running a grade dog with bad papers in a trial: 1). Do you think the judges name should be made public?
2). Do you think this person should be banned from participating in field trials as a judge and a participant.

I don't field trial but this is the kind of stuff that you here about (politics in field trialing) that gives field trialing a bad name. One bad apple.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Complaining and proving are two very different things.
If you are going to say such a thing about someome you better know what you are talking about.

What advantages are there to spreading the story even if it is true.
AKC can deal with it on a private bases.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I've never been to a akc field trial, i don't know a thing about trialing as far as rules go. I have read alot of post on the subject and come into personal contact and talked with people that has trialed or are trialing and all will say that their is alot of politics involved in this sport. If i ever go to one it will just be to watch the dogs run, if your aloud to do that. Their is to much politics in Washington D.C. politics to suit me, if you know what i mean. rosco, can you explain to me what you mean when you say, What advantage are their to spreading this story even if it is true. And also, how does akc deal with this if they know nothing about it ? It would seem to me that if the owner of this dog starts breeding akc females with a grade dog a lot of people are going to be hurt.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Saltzer,
I do understand your point about breeding to that dog.
I did not think about that. My point (was ) I do this for fun, and I do attend
4-7 trials a year. I just don't have the energy to nor do I want to consume my time with this type of stuff. Like I stated earlier you better be sure. To be sure you are going to exaust alot of time and effort.

I do not know how the akc deals with such matters by I believe someone will tell us.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't look like any one is going to tell us what's up with the AKC on this type of situation. I was just curious as to how something like this would be handled. I appollogize for being outspoken. I didn't mean to step on anyone's tail. But I read that the judge in question ws reported.

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
If this happened the proper way to handle it would be to notify the AKC with concusive evidence. They would do a DNA test to prove the parentage of accused dog. I believe Paper swapping is on the decrease because of DNA testing. As far as making it public knowledge. You better have the proof or a law suite could follow.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If this occurred at an AKC trial and the person making the accusation had sufficient evidence then that person should have filed a complaint with the Field trial Committee at that trial. The field trial committee could have investigated the claim while everyone was present and could give a statement as to their side of claim,then the information would be forwarded to AKC and I can tell you they would take this very seriously. Accusations of this type can be very destructive to the future of Beagling and trialing if not reported and handled in the proper channels. The Field Trial Committees are there to handle legitimate problems but not get involved in hearsay by disgruntled participates that cannot beat hounds that people who judge regularly bring to the trials.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Should for sure be looked in to. AKC has DNA on about everything so they could find out pretty quick. HA HA I just said AKC and pretty quick in the same sentance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts