Rabbit Dogs banner

Which format do you generally trial your dogs in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to start a little conversation so I thought Id post a poll.

You may choose more than one option.

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
I just started trialing last year. Competed in AKC SPO and ARHA LP. They were the closest clubs. Different dogs of course. I plan on trying ARHA PP this fall. They are all fun.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I run in NKC PP format.I tried Deep south SPO but everytime my dogs pull away from the pack they pick me up for running too much rabbit.:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only go to a few trials a year and I have alot of fun with it. I like to see how my dogs stack up to other dog (its usually not that well on my end), I get to watch other dogs from different bloodlines run, and I like meeting and talking to other beaglers.

Ive been to a few SPO trials and like the format but most of what Ive done so far has been ARHA in either Progressive Pack or Gundog Pack. Ive never tried TCP because its hard enough for me to get one dog ready, much less four.

I like GDP the most because theyre a little closer to the style dog that I like to run.

The best advice I could give someone from my limited trialing experience is dont get too hung up on winning and dont get upset if a judge doesnt like your dog or he doesnt do well that particular day. Dont get me wrong, I want to win every trial I enter but if the day ever comes that I have to win to have fun with it I wont go to another one.

·
Super Moderator
3,515 Posts
ARHA Gundog Pack and Gundog Brace. Holdon MO. is going to start holding fun hunts in Two Couple Pack. I am going to try that December 4. FB You can hook up with someone you know and make the TCP they dont all have to be yours, you can have two and they can have two. I never done it but it sounds fun.

·
Registered
631 Posts
We're starting up a new AKC club here in GA.I think it's going to be Mid-Atlantic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts