Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what kind/brand of dog food you feed.
we have been feeding Old Roy red bag but are looking for something else.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I started feeding Caliber a few months ago and am happy with it so far. Its pretty similar to Black Gold which is what I was feeding before that.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hi tek rations hi performance 26/18 with glucosamine and chondriton can't go wrong. New formula soon to come out will replace corn with brewers rice. Should be even better.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I mix the sport mix 26-18 and the 22-14 and love the results best i've ever used but i have only used a couple others. I stay loyal if i like it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Jamison, where you get the black gold around here? I ain't ever seen it. seems like everybody was talking about the price going up though. I think I can get the diamond in the yellow bag for little over $21 in Jonesboro.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I feed plain old purina, works good for me. You can get the black gold at #1 feed its on highway 1 just north iof Jonesboro before you get to Greenfield

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
Sportsman's Pride for the last month ($20.00 for 50lbs), so far so good. Feed Black Gold for the last year, it was good too, but went up to over $28.00 a bag.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dblevins, the only place around here I could find it is at #1 feed and seed going south out of Jonesboro right off the highway. I don't like driving that far to get it but I buy enough to last awhile. I think I paid about 26 bucks a bag which is crazy but I've heard too many people talking about it. I fed diamond for years but it seems like it's not as good as it used to be, maybe it's just me I don't know. When I quit feeding diamond I tried the purina dog chow and thought I would save the points but I didn't like it at all. The longer I fed it the more my dogs were drying up, even when I fed them twice as much. So I started feeding the black gold when I found it down there. All these good feeds that everyone talks about are nowhere around here that I could find anyway such as sportmix, pride, hi standard ect. I love the black gold so far, just hate it's so far away.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I feed James's Choice 26/18 (17.50) during hunting season and James's Pride 26/11 (15.50) when I am not running as hard and they look good on either. They seem to get a little heavy feeding the Choice when I don't run 3 to 4 times a week. Oh! The thing I like best is they deliver to my feed house...once a month. They contain the omegas 3&6 and the other super ingredients that I really want in my feed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts