later than June 30 of the previous year and not earlier
than July 1 of the year before that, except that at trials
held in Large Packs on hare a Beagle shall be a Derby
if it has not reached its second birthday on the first
day of the trial.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I thought i had it figured out but then i read some posts and got confused again :smack:
So a pup born after July 1st of last year would be this years Derby? And pups born before June 30th of last year was last years Derby right?

·
Registered
785 Posts
A pup born between July 1st 2010 and June 30th 2011 will be a derby for 2012.
Unless you are talking large pack, then they are a derby the year they turn 2 regardless of what month they were born.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The rule book makes it sound confusing; but all I have to remember is a dog born between:
July 1st of (year 1) - and June 30th of (year 2) >>> will be a derby in (year 3)
Simple as 1 -2 -3 :clap:

Thanks John-PA

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The rule book makes it sound confusing; but all I have to remember is a dog born between:
July 1st of (year 1) - and June 30th of (year 2) >>> will be a derby in (year 3)
Simple as 1 -2 -3 :clap:

Thanks John-PA
I like how you posted it here, makes more since that way lol

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
still confused....i think i stay that way

k so here is another stupid question....

how does the derby season run?

so I have a female that was born 09/27/2010 so is she a derby now and is the derby season Jan 1 - Dec 31? or is it different? :headscratch:

one of these days I might actually understand it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well I hate to ask this because the above information is pretty clear for most that understand this system. I am still confused.

I have a hound born 12/5/10. Is she a derby for this coming season or she too old now?

·
Banned
140 Posts
Well I hate to ask this because the above information is pretty clear for most that understand this system. I am still confused.

I have a hound born 12/5/10. Is she a derby for this coming season or she too old now?
I have 2 that was born in october of 2011 so they will run the derby trials in feb an march that we have in 2013

1 - 19 of 19 Posts