Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knocked down a 2 man TN limit of doves with my nephew in the field beside me! He got his about a hour before me! Definitley proud of him. I love a good dove shoot!! He's soon to be 18 and will start his next chapter, I'm thankful for every trip to the field I've had with him and every one I'll have in the future.
Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive tire Grass
Plant Standing People in nature Grass Monochrome photography

Birds are cleaned and marinating in fridge for tomorrow's cookout/dove shoot with friends. Memorable day!!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!! Memories made my friend

Indeed they were TJ! This was actually his first time limiting out on doves! He's came really close more than a few times but he got it done yesterday, and he did it with his gun that he worked for and bought with his own money. Winchester SXP. Don't know where I went wrong making him a pump gun guy but he loves them. The first time I hollered and asked how many he had, he had 5 and I had 3. I thought well that's not too bad. Not too much longer I asked again. He had 9 I had 4, Panic set in! I got to 11 pretty quickly after that and hollered across the field "I'm catching up" but I had been paying too much attention to the birds and not enough to him. Literally when the words left my mouth I noticed how he was sitting in his chair. It was the look of a person who went on a hot streak and limited out, or went on a cold streak and ran out of shells! His reply: I've been done, just sitting and waiting on you to finish" it was a great day. 6 out of 7 people got their limit and the 7th person killed 10. We quit shooting about 530 and birds were still pouring in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts