Wart / growth

Discussion in 'Beagle Health' started by Lsammons, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Lsammons

Lsammons Well-Known Member

ohio
    I got female that may have papillamvirus?? I know I butcherd it. But anyway what's the best thing to put on something like this? Its right on her muzzle and seems to be in a hair follicle. Gonna go ahead and give her a few antibiotics to see if it helps. Just need some advice on a good topical to put on. Doesn't seem to bother her but its ugly lol.

Circle4p and [email protected] like this.
  2. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

antibiotic will not kill the virus but if there is any infection from scratching,etc it will help that.

Circle4p and [email protected] like this.

3. John Taylor

John Taylor Well-Known Member

Get some Vitamin D, The jell type that looks like a mini football. Clip the end off of the jell cap and apply to the wart. If any kind of way that you could cover it with something once applied it would help. I find Duct tape works well. After the first or second day it will look worse then before. It may enlarge some, but it is getting softer and will fall off within a few days. I have used this several times. If in an area that I can catch it I grab it and pull it off. Pull it off quickly. If you do attempt to pull it off, make sure it all comes out, or if a piece it left it will come back. Be careful when touching it, as it is contagious. Not sure if a human can catch the dog type, I just take precautions.

4. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    Vet could burn it off!

Circle4p likes this.
  5. Lsammons

ohio
    Its gonna be tough...i read up on it and its supposed to go away on its own. It just bothers me...right on the whisker area of the muzzle.

6. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    I would have the Vet remove it, if it gets torn it'll bleed like a stuck hog. JMO Let us know how it turns out.

Circle4p likes this.
  7. Lsammons

ohio
    I will do guys. Im gonna try to wait it out a little and see if it regress's like its supposed to.

Circle4p likes this.
  8. Lsammons

ohio
    Update....i have been putting compound w on it everday...tonight it was bleeding just a little and hanging on by a thread. Yank it off and she didn't even yelp. Not exactly sure if I got all....roots and all out but I will continue to put compound w on it to see if it kills it all.

9. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    Good job it seems to be a easy fix. Keep us informed.

Circle4p likes this.