Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water resources
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Afterglow Plant
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources
Cloud Sky Water Plant Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Nature Branch
Cloud Water Sky Plant Natural landscape
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape

What a season it has been. We were lucky enough to draw a blind on Reelfoot the week of Christmas. We got a lodge at Blue Bank Resort which was top notch. Lots of history there. We had 6 eagle's nests right in front of our blind and they put on a show for us everyday. The view from a duck blind is always my favorite part but the cooking is a huge bonus. At Reelfoot we took a camp stove/oven combination and had biscuits, sausage, bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, etc. The restaurants in the area were just as good. After Christmas we drew for a hunt @ Thorny Cypress WMA for 2 days, then last week we drew a Blind for Woods Reservoir. Season ends here Tuesday, then we drew a blind for the veterans thebfirst weekend of Feb. We will be taking out some vets, one who is coming home from deployment the day duck season ends. He missed time with family, hunting season, and hasn't even got to step foot in the house he was having built before leaving! I know he will be glad to be home and hopefully we can put them on some ducks, maybe even some rabbits as well before Feb is over.

Just thought I'd share some pics and hopefully have more to share!

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Dude I was looking through your pictures and I was thinking "that looks like Reelfoot." You are at my happy place.... I used to go to Blue Bank almost yearly, but I go in the spring for crappie or the summer for blue gill. Haven't been since my boy was born, but I'm looking forward to taking him some day. Hope you had a great trip man!

· Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was my first trip there and it was awesome. I spared you the pictures of my hands on some of those old trees. Amazing place! Blue Bank is definitely the place to stay. There was 6 of us and we all slept comfortably. They had new Oklahoma Joe smoker by the fire pit with wood stacked up. My next trip will be with my wife and little girl so we can bring home some of those big Reelfoot bluegills!

The food we cooked in the blind, and ate at the restaurants was top notch. Boyettes fish 🏠 was good and the blue bank restaurant was also. That salad and baked mac&cheese is worth the trip alone. We ate like kings, laughed and enjoyed the commraderie, and killed some ducks. Being in a duck blind on Reelfoot lake watching the sun come up with bald eagles flying around landing in those old trees is special and something I recommended everybody should do!

Speaking of the eagles. On our way out on day 1 there were 2 that kept flying out ahead of us and landing and as we would get closer for pictures they would fly out ahead and land again. Finally they stopped and as we were going about 20-25mph past them it wasn't much longer when BAM! Hit a stump! It spun the boat and almost got bad but we got bsck in control of the boat and didn't take on much water.out with. A few days after it happened it made me wonder if those eagles were flying ahead warning us or looking out for us. I don’t know.

Those who haven't duck hunters I recommend you give it a shot. It sure is a lot of fun. I prefer hunting/standing in flooded timber against a big oak but it sure is hard to beat breakfast in the duck blind! We did teriyaki wood duck sliders for lunch one day as well as venison Philly cheese steaks.

If you guys that have blackstone griddles aren't frying your honey buns on them for breakfast with a little cinnamon sugar on top of them and a cup of coffee you don't know what you're missing!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts