Very important that you read this...

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by dblevens, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Hats off to Roger The Rabbit Slayer. He finally got number one this morning. Congrats Roger.:hat: Who we gonna tease now?:headscratch:

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

Yep, I'm chees'n now dblevens!!!! :D I see you got after them today too. I'm going to buy that 1100 Rem. on the Trading Post. Supposed to meet him and pick it up tomorrow in Vicksburg, Ms. Not that I need it but I've been looking for one with that synthetic stock to hunt with.

Roger

3. I been looking for one of them too, I want a 20 guage. But I want the wood stocks. That should be a really nice gun. I'm a little jealous. Did I mention that we've got 70? :whistle:

4. BRamsey

BRamsey Moderator

I hope you"re happy now Roger that's one less rabbit that you get to run. Just kidding. Just think in 3 or 4 more years you will have a mess. HaHa

5. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

Sounds like you about got that freezer full Roger

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

Freezer's already full Jeff. Deer,Hogs,Squirrels,Beef,Chicken,Quail, Fish and Oh Yea ICE CREAM. I gave the rabbit to a retired preacher. He isn't able to hunt anymore and he said his wife wanted to know if I would kill them a rabbit. Man, I was wondering if she was ever going to get that rabbit myself. I drink coffee with him and some other retired men at the local hospital cafeteria in the afternoons when I'm not out on the road working and he said his wife had asked him 3 or 4 times if I had got them a rabbit yet. So, you guys weren't the only ones getting to rib me about missing those rabbits. It has been comical though even to me and my wife. It seemed like everytime I had a shot something would go wrong. You don't know how many times we laughed at me missing those dang rabbits. I couldn't have had more fun than spending those days with my wife chasing rabbits and laughing at the mishaps. I hope you guys have enjoyed this little episode from the DAYS OF MY LIFE. lol

Roger

7. Jeff Gammon

Roger I figured out how you were able to kill one. That retired preacher must have been praying real hard for you to kill one so his wife could have it

8. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

lol somebody must of got him some shooting lessons

9. RKW

RKW Active Member

No shooting lessons just patients, you let the hounds run them until they stop crossing the lanes like a blurr and there is nothing wrong with a pleading prayer either. Thank you Lord.

Roger

10. Jeff Gammon

Roger I didn't kill many more than you this year

11. RKW

RKW Active Member

Jeff I was not being ribbed for how many I killed but how many I missed. I'm sure you didn't miss as many in a row as I did. I figure if you kill a rabbit you won't get to run him again. Seriously, I hunt on my on place here and have quite a few rabbits to run. I'd like to keep them here if I can. That's why I am putting up food plots and leaving thickets for them to raise and hide in. I'm hoping to have a chance to build 2 or 3 lanes through a section of the back forty that will allow me to see a few more crossings. When they get in that part and circle you just listen to them run and it is a little tough to catch your dogs too. When I get everything the way I want it running will be that much more fun. I used to fox hunt years ago and one thing I want to do is have it where I can sit by the fire at night and run rabbits while I enjoy the cry of the hounds. The more my hair grays the more I plan for enjoying running the hounds.

Roger

12. That sounds like fun. We'll all come over and sit around that fire with ya and listen to your jokes.And all the stories about the one that got away.

13. RKW

RKW Active Member

Come on dblevens we need to visit in person sometime anyway. I've got to get to some of these hunts to meet some of you guys, especially all of those that are crackshots that never miss. Maybe I can pick up a few pointers.

Roger