Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
We used it several years ago .At that time we bred 3 females and none of them took. I had read a article at that time that said Valbazen could be the cause. I have no information to prove this as a fact but we stopped using it and the next cycle all 3 females had litters of pups although with a different Male. Just a thought.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've got to note that this got my attention as after decades in beagling i've got a mother and now daughter that are exhibiting what appears to be sugar fits after 4 or so hrs of hard running. 1st time ever. Since its a mother and now a daughter i was thinking that confirmed genetics. But have been really studying the ingested tick meds and now the occasional valbazen ive used. This showed up about the time i started using valbazen and now in a daughter right after her 1st valbazen treatment. I've tossed the valbazen and going back to the basics. And i have abandoned those 2 for breeding which is disturbing as they were very good up untill the sugar fit or whatever hits.

I think your vet is on to something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been using it for years. Never give it to pregnant females. Use safeguard for them and puppies. Also change wormers for a while. Have heard the same from others but my vet that I have now uses it. Has worked for me. Use what you are comfortable with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts