Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Apple an old man showed me this before he died.

This has helped me with my backyard hunting dogs over the years and maybe it can help you maybe not!

Main thing is after I ask around I follow up personally and.....go do the work myself.

I spend the time and I spend the money up front and put on some running shoes and put my eyeball on them and go watch a variety of their pups run too.

I take the bitches I am considering for breeding and go run them with the male dogs I am considering.

I go run the bitches with the male I like the best and I run the females with his pups also where ever that is.... I go and see how it shakes out. If a dog is too far and I can't do that.... I scratch him off my list.... gone.

I always learn a lot from this and I always save myself some big trouble and right quick I see who I actually need to try with and who I never would.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Also if your not sure and you live close enough I would certainly go take a look in MackC and Will and Terry and Don Amis Kennel and they could also look with you and maybe help point you in a good direction as they know a lot of hounds and a lot of good people.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts