Tt15 antenna replacement???

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by Lsammons, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Lsammons

Lsammons Member

ohio
    Ok guys after the collar has been on and sending a good signal for about 2 hours I lose GPS signal. I still have everything else, comm, tone, correct just no GPS. Gonna replace the antenna, how difficult is it?

2. If it is the GPS antenna, the wire is very small and runs through the rubber the collars strap runs through.
    I believe to fix that antenna wire requires sending it in for repair.

If you need to replace the whip antenna, that is easy.
    Small Phillips screw driver to remove the cover. make note that one screw is shorter than the others or vice/versa.
    Once the cover is off, one Phillips screw that holds the antenna on, be sure to put it on the correct way, pay attention to how the one you are replacing lays in the groove.

I clean mine well with an old toothbrush before reassembling and I put a small dab of Loctite (blue removable 242) on the antenna screw thread.

I also check the cover screws every few months and snug them up (not too tight, don't strip the threads), they loosen up over time.
    I do not Loctite these, too small and I'd be afraid of stripping the Phillips head out trying to remove them.

3. When you find out the prob please tell us, I have a collar that does this from time to time. I have to get the dog, take the collar off and restart it to return to normal. pita

4. Lsammons

Lsammons Member

ohio
    Beagler86 I did all updates on everything and it seems as if that may have solved the problem. We shall see. If not I will let you know.

5. Burnett

Burnett Member

Today i contacted garmin for help with a problem with my alpha.the dog symbols showing your dogs location would dissapear from the screen after zooming out to only100 yds.the pointer mode would still show direction and distance.I own 2 alphas so i knew it should show the dog symbols on the screen zooming out alot furtherthan 100 yds.after trying a couple things that didnt fix it the man from garmin told me to turn off the alpha and to touch the screen in the top left corner and then to turn the alpha back on.the screen asked if i wanted to erase somthing or other(cant remember)but he told me to touch ERASE.Doing this fixed my problem.Dont know what all this will fix but thought i would mention it.The customer service people at garmin are very helpful ,dont hesitate to contact them with a problem.

6. Lsammons

Lsammons Member

ohio
    I will keep that in mind for future reference Burnett.