Tri Tronics Question

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by RKW, Apr 14, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

Ok, I am going to leave for work shortly, ( no date yet ). Would you leave your collars and transmitter on charge or not? For safety I think not, but how are the batteries affected over a period of several months with or without being charged?
    I leave my Cajun coon hunting lights on the charger because I was recommended to do so.
    What do you guys do?

Roger

2. I leave my trashbreakers on charge alot of the time. They go to trickle charge after 2 hrs. Some of the older ones didn't.

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

Eugene, I forgot to mention that mine is an EXP 2 so it does have the newer charger with the trickle feature.

Roger

4. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

If mine are all the way down the book says not to charge them over 12 or 13 hours

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

Jeff, mine stay charged all of the time until I use them then I put them right back on so they don't ever go all of the way down. I wouldn't do this without the trickle charge so I guess I should take them off if I'm not going to use them for a long period of time. Will they take a proper charge when they haven't been used for months?
    What I guess I'm really asking is do you think I may have to put new batteries in them when I do get ready for them again?

Roger

6. Jeff Gammon

I'm no expert, but I think if you have them good and hot before you leave, they will take a charge when you get back. I have the old classic 70. I have never gone months without charging them so I not 100% sure. You might call tri-tronics or the collar clinic and ask them.

7. RKW

RKW Active Member

Good Idea! Thanks

Roger

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

OK Jeff, I just got off the phone with Tri Tronics and he took my serial number to make sure then he said you could leave them on the charger as long I need to. I told him I may be gone for several months and he said it doesn't matter and this is good for both the EXP2 and EXP3 systems with the trickle chargers. Thanks again for the suggestion now we know for sure.

Roger

9. Jeff Gammon

Where do you work that you will be gone for months?

10. RKW

RKW Active Member

Jeff, I'm a Pipeline Construction Inspector and I may be anywhere in the world mostly US and have to stay until the job is completed or at least until the part that I will be assigned to is finished.

Roger

11. Jeff Gammon

You need to get you a job inspecting where they have plenty of rabbits, and take a dog or 2 with you.

12. you still going to talk to us

13. bglehound

bglehound Active Member

dont think i would just leave them on charge all the time