Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can find any G3 EXP receiver batteries. I have searched online and found absolutely none. Collar Clinic site says Garmin has discontinued the replacement battery.

Am I just way behind the curve ball on this? I'd hate to think I have to trash three of my Trashbreakers.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Try https://www.okiedogsupply.com/Default.asp

Bought a battery from Mike not that long ago to sell mine. I have a transmitter battery still in the plastic bag it came in. Wound up getting a Garmin 4 collar set-up from Mike. My G3 EXP transmitter and 1 collar (used no more than 3 times, I didn't like it) is in it's black plastic case with all parts, manuals, etc and original price sticker. Still sitting here... Never bothered to put it up for sale. lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've searched ebay and many other sites. Here's the statement on Collar Clinics site.

Battery Pack for G2 and G3 Collars
$24.99
41 reviews
No longer available. Garmin has decided on End of Life for this battery.
You can try an internet search but we have checked with our competitors and they are sold out as well and also can no longer get these batteries.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Several years Tritronic discontinued the G2 Transmitter battery, which they never brought back. Forced everyone to go to the G3 system. Most of us were able to buy a one dog G3 system and use our G2 receivers so wasn't a total slap in the face.

When Garmin bought Tritronic they discontinued the Tritronic line, also batteries for the receivers. Many of us had just updated to the G3 system that Tritronic had forced us into buying. With many complaints to Garmin they had batteries for the receivers brought back, everyone happy again, but to be short lived. Now the claim is G3 receiver batteries are gone forever. Garmin is forcing us to buy their Garmin branded models.

Maybe every Tritronic owner needs to complain to Garmin on this move. I invested a lot of money in the Tritronic Ecollars through the years. Just looking at my Tritronic inventory. I have a G3 Sport Transmitter, G2 EXP Transmitter, G3 Trashbreaker, 8 G2 receivers, most not working and 6 working G3 reveivers. I spent a lot of money through the years on these and now only worthy of the trash can if we cannot get batteries. Will Garmin do this with us in another few years??????????

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my replacement batteries at Outdoor Dog Supply. I think they are about 20$ a battery.
I've looked on their website also. After talking with Sandy at Okie Dog Supply it seems I may be out of luck. She said that a few weeks ago Garmin suddenly announced the receiver batteries would no longer be manufactured. She said when Garmin made the announcement that they purchased all they could find from seven different suppliers. Sandy said they sold out in two hours. She doesn't expect Garmin to supply the receiver batteries in the future.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
That place was Magnum Telemetry, They were rebuilding the batteries for the Tritronic G2 Transmitter, Pretty sure if given a Tritronic G2 or G3 receiver Battery they can rebuild it, worth a try.

I just sent them an email requesting a reply on if they are interested on attempting to rebuild them. I am willing to send them a few old batteries for them to do testing on. Maybe if others send them request they may consider it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That place was Magnum Telemetry, They were rebuilding the batteries for the Tritronic G2 Transmitter, Pretty sure if given a Tritronic G2 or G3 receiver Battery they can rebuild it, worth a try.

I just sent them an email requesting a reply on if they are interested on attempting to rebuild them. I am willing to send them a few old batteries for them to do testing on. Maybe if others send them request they may consider it.

John, thanks for the tip. I just spoke with Amy at Magnum Telemetry. They do refurbish the batteries in-house. They charge $29.95 each. I'll be sending them 3 batteries.

Here is their contact information.

By email: [email protected]

By standard mail:
Magnum Telemetry
525 Country Acres Rd
Grifton, NC 28530

By phone:
252-524-9848 (Eastern Time Zone)
Store Hours:
Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM

1 - 20 of 42 Posts