Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
B Ramsey,
I need to trade a robs diamond on top ( fc buck II) and a cotton country on bottom for a black creek female bred just as good. The reason for trading is like you said mixing it up.
The puppies will be here mid July. I am trying to get a couple more full black creek females and cross my males to them.

( The field goal is blocked and the game is over) sorry couldn't help it.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ive done it a couple of times. It lets you get a pup without being out any cash plus you know where it went and you can keep up with it to see how it turns out.

Crossroads and I traded a pup a month or so ago. His was ready to go but mine were just born so he's having to wait a while before he gets his but it wont be much longer now.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My little sally is due around July 20th. I wouldn't mind swapping 1 or 2 just to have something different to try. Right now all mine revolve around gay,dingus, and stubby. I think they're pretty good dogs but really how do I know if that's all i've ever owned.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B Ramsey,
I need to trade a robs diamond on top ( fc buck II) and a cotton country on bottom for a black creek female bred just as good. The reason for trading is like you said mixing it up.
The puppies will be here mid July. I am trying to get a couple more full black creek females and cross my males to them.

( The field goal is blocked and the game is over) sorry couldn't help it.
I don't have any blackcreek but I can let you look at my sire and dams peds to see what you think.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
This is a great idea that more people ought to try.

Crossroads got his pup that we swapped last week.

I got a pup from jamesmac a couple of weeks ago and will give him one next time I have a litter.

Ive got a squirrel dog pup coming from APettit as soon as his female come in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
pup trade

I have offered to trade some heavy turbo pups to some of the sunset scooter blood, but the owner, only wanted to sell his stock.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Trading pups is a super idea. I am in a dream situation in which three of us have an open agreement that we share pups. The big thing to consider is that the person that you are trading with has the same standards and long term goals as you do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its a great idea. Matter of fact I have 5 pups right now that will be 2 weeks old tommorow. Only litter I had this year, Best female and Dna tested male out of Indian Hills blood. [AKC papered pups] But I would trade only with someone who has been on this website for a while. Key word being reputable.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
There is some big time dog knowledge on this site. If I trade a pup with say Robs black creek, Delta, or poorboy ( Even though they have honest dealings and good reputation ) I would lay awake at night wondering what they knew that I didn't . They would turn the dog they got from me into a FC and would manage to ruin the one they gave me in return.

Imagine, Delta and I trade pups, A year later he is judgeing a trial and has to pic up the pup he traded me while on the other field the pup I traded him one the whole thing .... Then I have to sit through the awards ceramoney. I would cry all the way home . I can see him now, on the front row ( He would have to be on the front row ) just smiling at me. I get chivers just thinking about it. Then Brandon saying ( no matter if he really said it or not ) I told you we shouldn't trade, how did I let you talk me into that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've done some trading with people, most of them came out good but for some reason one didn't! That one went south real fast for me! But FB and myself will do some trading one of these days. He calls and all I have to get rid of is Males and he wants Females! But we'll get there one of these days! I like his Bloodlines. And he has quaility dogs.

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
I traded some pups last year with a 3 different people. Works out pretty good if you simialar type dogs or sometimes you can sell a pup pretty easy if it's bred different than those in your area. It is also better to meet at trials if possible and not have any travel expenses involved.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts