Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a weekend.

We were lucky and didnt have any damage at all but some friends of ours got hit pretty hard Friday night and they live less than 1/4 mile from us.

He said he got his wife and two daughters in the bathtub and just as he leaned over them with a mattress on his back he heard a loud roaring noise and felt wind blowing through the house. He said it was over in 5 seconds but that it was the longest, scariest 5 seconds of his life.

Structurally the house wasnt too bad but it ripped most of the shingles off and some of the siding and with the rain that came with these storms they got alot of water damage. The roof was ripped off his shop and alot of tools and stuff they had stored got wet, his bass boat was flipped over and pushed across the yard, and every tree in his yard is either blown over or snapped off like a toothpick.

Trees, debris, power lines, and power poles are down everywhere but the guys from the electric company are doing a great job and have power restored to most of us.

My wife and I went down Saturday morning to help them with the cleanup. She started crying when she saw the damage and he hugged her and told not to cry that she should be happy instead. Happy that they survived. Everything else could be replaced. It just about put a tear in my eye with the attitude he had and also the number of other people that had already showed up and were helping out. :up:

It was bad over most of the state Friday night. I havent heard yet just how many tornados we had but there were several and some of them did an awful lot of damage with at least one death.

We were supposed to get another round yesterday afternoon and last night that was even worse but thankfully the conditions didnt work out like they were predicting and we got mostly thunder storms and some strong wind.

This was just our little part of the world. This system was huge and cause flooding and more tornadoes over a much wider area than just Arkansas.

Did any of yall get any damage?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Damage

My kennels got it, but I was in Glenwood running dogs and only left three home. They didn't get a scratch! My old female was trapped in her barrell cause it landed straight up. My Bucket male never left the pen! Willie was in the whelping coop healing from an injury. Dave Hampton showed up just as I was getting home, he had been driving an eighteen wheeler all night but insisted on helping me. I would have never believed it, but in four hours with the help of chains and trucks, we had it back to just about normal. I'll try to post some picks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It got pretty bad on this side off the state we had a bunch of broke power poles and down lines crews have been working non stop tryin to repair them a few homes got hit but haven't heard of any deaths so thankfull for that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts