Tops and Value Brand Feeds

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by Greenhaw, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Greenhaw

Greenhaw Well-Known Member

Tn
    Today I was told by the Specialty Feeds Group that they had signed several new stores. Tennrssee,Kentucky and Indiana. Thank You guys for asking your Dealer to carry out Brands of Feed. And a special thanks to Mr Will Messer for doing a fine job as an Ambassador for our products. We are growing slowly but surely.

rick Watkins, That, Circle4p and 3 others like this.
  2. Johnathan Sizemore

Johnathan Sizemore Well-Known Member

I just switched to valu pack orange bag! I found a local place that sells it finally!

my favorite thing is the small kibble size. My hounds gobble it up!

I work on forklifts and was at Burkmann feed mill in Danville, Ky and I seen they where a Valu-pack supplier so after fixing there forklift I asked the boss man there who sold the feed close to me he pulled up some paperwork and found out a gas station 15 min from me sales it!

3. Greenhaw

Tn
    Thank You Mr Sizemore for giving out feed a try. I hope you will be satisfied with it.

4. Johnathan Sizemore

Johnathan Sizemore Well-Known Member

mid you don’t mind me asking why the two names? Tops and valu pack? I’ve been told it’s the same exact feed

5. Greenhaw

Tn
    They are. Tops is the original brand. As the company grew and more big dealers came onboard like TSC and places like Harris with several stores that bought a bigger volume. They can sell the Value Brand a few dollars cheaper than the small dealers can the Tops brand. It's just like Chevy and GMC. It's a quality feed at a Value price.

That, TJRANGER, Circle4p and 2 others like this.
  6. bmashburn

bmashburn Well-Known Member

Al
    Tops black bag 24/20. I’ve had two bitches that wouldn’t keep weight on that look better than they ever have after switching to this feed. I posted a while back asking about my son’s lab having yeast problems due to Purina pro plan. It was not yeast she had a totally unrelated problem. Anyway, she may be the only dog on the planet that won’t eat pro plan, she will not touch it. She eats the tops feed like a starved wolf! I have a friend that has a male that he couldn’t keep weight on. He started using the value pack silver bag and that sucker looks like a race horse. Good stuff all the way around!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  7. huntnharris

huntnharris Well-Known Member

I feed the Valu-Pak 24/20 in the silver bag, absolutely the best feed I’ve ever used. All the Topps/Valu-Pak is top of the line. If I didn’t believe in it and seen how dogs look and act on it, I wouldn’t be selling it in my store, telling people how great it is or pouring it in my feed bowls.

8. Deadeye410

Deadeye410 Active Member

I've never heard of that brand. I'm using 24/20 diamond hi energy for sporting dogs right now. I may try some of this new brand. Is it sold at tsc?

That, TJRANGER and Circle4p like this.
  9. Seark

Seark Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    I feed the black value pack 28/20 year around and it makes them slick and healthy looking.

10. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Man I switched from the diamond and either feed the 24/24 in the red bag or the 28/20 in the black bag when we running a lot. The stool is harder with the valu pac and easier clean up. Plus my dogs look really good on it

bear128, smitchell, That and 2 others like this.
  11. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    I’ve been using the 24/20 red bag for quite a while now. Dogs like it, good stool, dogs look good, good feed. Will feed the black bag 28/20 when start running daily.

bear128, That, smitchell and 2 others like this.
  12. smitchell

smitchell Well-Known Member

Do pups do good on the Valu Pak 28-20? Thats what I'm feeding now.

13. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    I havnt had any issue with it!

Circle4p, That and smitchell like this.
  14. That

That Well-Known Member

I feed the silver bag of Valu-pak 24/20. It is the only feed that my dogs don't leave some or most in their bowels on these hot South Carolina days.

Circle4p and smitchell like this.
  15. Deadeye410

Deadeye410 Active Member

My dogs are staying really slick with the diamond, but the stool is a little soft. I'm going to go pickup a bag of the of the 28/20 value pak tomorrow and try it.

16. Greenhaw

Tn
    I have raised two litters of pups totally on 28-20. I had no problems. Pups stayed slick and healthy. I think they make a 30-20 but I am not sure.

17. huntnharris

huntnharris Well-Known Member

The 30/20 has grain in it, at least corn for sure, it’s in a purple bag in the Valu-Pak line

Seark, smitchell and Circle4p like this.
  18. bear128

bear128 Well-Known Member

maryland
    24/20 red bag for me for almost a year , other then not being able to find it in Maryland I can't say anything bad about it .I have had to cut back on the amount i'm feeding on the older dogs getting a little heavy

smitchell and Circle4p like this.
  19. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Supposed to be 24/20 not 24/24 my bad sorry lol

smitchell and bear128 like this.
  20. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

Good grief Brian lol

Circle4p likes this.