Today's Hunt

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

Well I was true to my word and turned the hounds loose this afternoon but I only wanted to run 2 dogs and a pup I'm trying to get started. My Shady Lady female jumped the rabbit and Buddy was only 2 barks behind her. They got after a swamper that gave them a good workout. They ran it for 2 hours then I heard them head west which is in the direction of the highway so I drove my 4 wheeler where they were. My wife had ridden her 4 wheeler there already and guess what she had seen the rabbit twice. We stayed right there while they circled the rabbit back and here came that big ole swamper out. Boys Elmer Fudd aint got nothing on me I missed that joker not once but twice. My wife and I got tickled and just about died laughing hell I haven't killed one yet. If I ever do I may just have it mounted cause it will be a trophy for me. LOL What did everyone else do today?

Roger

2. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    So what's the deal???? Do I need to find you a shotgun with a straight barrel? Boy is that gonna cost ya. Lane and I ran from 8:30 to after 5 today and managed to run 6 different packs till they had plenty. Our rabbit shooters failed to show again so we just ran hounds all day...

James

3. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

Ran hounds this morning, no guns involved

4. RKW

RKW Active Member

I don't know what it's gonna take James I am usually what you call a pretty good shot even qualified expert on the range. That's what got me and my wife to laughing so much. But, I'll tell you this I am having a great time running these rabbits. I could sit and listen to a good pack run for hours. I wear my glasses all of the time except when I go hunting but that may have to change. How about letting me have ole Caddy to run with these muts? lol

Roger