Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off here!
There is to much pop-up crap on this site now!

I originally sighed up for the Beagle dog and hunting aspect of this site!
it has been High jacked for profit!

Maybe someone will start another forum that is just for dogs and dog people!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You can go into settings and turn most of them off. Not sure exactly how to , it has been so long ago that I done it. There was a thread about it maybe try to find it.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have for some time defended the changes that were necessary for this to continue as a viable site. At this point I too think the "crap" is gathering. It's not pop ups but I assume well intended content that is getting in my way.

I have no interest in all those informational articles that appear when you bring the site up. I think they are just getting in the way of the true intent and are not meant to sell nor generate any income for the owner. In my environment I am forced to wait until they all are displayed before I can select "Today's Posts" and get on with what I came to do. Communicate with and learn from my peers.....maybe even buy or sell a dog or two..

Increase your rabbit kills
Curbing Canine Aggression
Braised Rabbit; Fried or Unfried
Dog Injuries
etc, etc, etc,......

That old lady waving her finger at me reminds me of a school teacher I didn't like....oh sorry I guess that is an ad or a pop-up....

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
I have for some time defended the changes that were necessary for this to continue as a viable site. At this point I too think the "crap" is gathering. It's not pop ups but I assume well intended content that is getting in my way.

I have no interest in all those informational articles that appear when you bring the site up. I think they are just getting in the way of the true intent and are not meant to sell nor generate any income for the owner. In my environment I am forced to wait until they all are displayed before I can select "Today's Posts" and get on with what I came to do. Communicate with and learn from my peers.....maybe even buy or sell a dog or two..

Increase your rabbit kills
Curbing Canine Aggression
Braised Rabbit; Fried or Unfried
Dog Injuries
etc, etc, etc,......

That old lady waving her finger at me reminds me of a school teacher I didn't like....oh sorry I guess that is an ad or a pop-up....
I agree and have contacted the other mods and admin stating the same thing. I just want it to open on the forums page like it did before.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
You could always do what I did and just bookmark the forum page, but hey, I'm just a dumb ol' southern boy, whadda I know, right?
I go through "Top 100" to get a hit for rabbitdogs.net to keep it near the top of the list so that web surfers find their way to what we are posting..... but I may take your advise...Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love the site and the adds don't bother me at all. Heck if you go to Wal-Mart to buy a shirt you have to walk through the aisles that sell other things you don't want to buy, so what's the difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the site 2!! Learned a lot!! Wish I could afford 2 by an ad, 2 keep it going! But like someone said, who am I? But a dumb ole guy from Mo that looks and reads this site daily. Right after I pick my ladies up from running! God bless! I love it!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Too much crap.

You noticed that too?

I feel ya my brother.

I sure hope it don't get worse.

But

I would like to say thank you for all the good things and hard work.

This was a perfect get away.

Maybe we can just go back to simple?

Mitch Huguet

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love the site and the adds don't bother me at all. Heck if you go to Wal-Mart to buy a shirt you have to walk through the aisles that sell other things you don't want to buy, so what's the difference.
The difference i would see going to walmart is i expect to see a store full of stuff that I don't need;
and on this site i expect to see only Rabbit Dog stuff because of the name "RabbitDogs.net" not a "AnythingStore.net"

·
Registered
74 Posts
The difference i would see going to walmart is i expect to see a store full of stuff that I don't need;
and on this site i expect to see only Rabbit Dog stuff because of the name "RabbitDogs.net" not a "AnythingStore.net"
Look at it this way, when you put up a Christmas tree you usually decorate it with lights and all the bells and whistles, but gifts are under the tree, right ? So the board is decorated with adds but there is goodies and gifts in each selected forum.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Lol, the tree and decorations is a symbol ( or suppose to be) of what Christmas is;
The gifts aren't for you but suppose to be from you to somebody else.
The adds are not really a symbol of what this site is about are they?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts