Rabbit Dogs banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Burnett
Not to dispute anything anyone else has stated but I have not had problems with fleas or ticks since using the purple pythons and I don’t see mosquitoes flying around the kennel areas even if I leave the lights on for a period of time at the kennels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bravecto does work great we use it on our Airedale but for beagles if you have more than a couple like most of us do it cost to much . Most vets will not give you a large pill to break into pieces to give to multiple beagles they want to see each one and charge a 100 dollar office visit per dog Bravecto is a great product it's just to expensive

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I've read where the tags could harm a dog if chewed and ingested.Thats why I've never used them.I kennel alot of my dogs together .Let coonhounds and currs that are separated exercise and play together alot around the yard.They chew on everything else sooo.Ticks and bugs are bad here as always but I've seen em worse in past years.Was looking at sawyers(permetherin)at Walmart the other day.Thinking about trying it.Theres a type for dogs and a type for clothes.Looks like theyed make one for both.Getting C O O N hunting fever again .I usually use deet but you have to apply every hunt.Ive had so many tick bites In my life I could be immune.ha.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I didn’t have good results with Sawyers on my clothing. Tried it several times. The Insect Shield works wonders, though.

My puppies are bad to chew the purple tags off each other. Does not seem to affect them any. They normally just chew it off the collar and leave it laying in the kennel. I put them back on. Eventually they grow out of the chewing and leave them alone.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts