Rabbit Dogs banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
It’s $55.43 for large capsule. That will treat 4 beagles. Give it to them 1 time and they are good for 3 months. That brings the price to $4.62 a month per dog. But it will kill mange mites, ear mites, ticks . I can’t explain or really tell ya how it works other than it’s time release and stays in their system for 90 days. Another thing I like about it. Is it kills the ticks. Instead of just rid them off your dogs. So when you release your hounds in your favorite running spots your killing back the ticks there .
Cut it in 4 sections?

·
Registered
361 Posts
(BRAVECTO) for me. It’s a game changer. You’ll forget all about the spray’s , the ear tags and all the rest. Checking for ear mites or fleas and all that stuff. Get to spend more time in the field running because you don’t have to spray down check ears .
I do the same been doing it for 2 years now and it's the best money can buy imo. I buy mine from joespetmeds and get the extra large and cut it into 4 equal parts.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I leave my tags on for a year or more. I figure my cost using the tags is about $1 per hound per year. No ticks, no fleas, no mites. Can’t beat that. The only issue is getting younger hounds to leave them alone - they chew off each other’s tags.

As for us humans, the having the Insect Shield company in NC treat your hunting clothing is the best thing I have found. I have not had a tick bite me while hunting since I had them treat my hunting pants last summer.
x2

·
Registered
348 Posts
I leave my tags on for a year or more. I figure my cost using the tags is about $1 per hound per year. No ticks, no fleas, no mites. Can’t beat that. The only issue is getting younger hounds to leave them alone - they chew off each other’s tags.

As for us humans, the having the Insect Shield company in NC treat your hunting clothing is the best thing I have found. I have not had a tick bite me while hunting since I had them treat my hunting pants last summer.
Just curious, do you wear their treated socks and shirt as well to achieve those results? I had couple pair of pants treated but had half dozen deer ticks get me last week. One was crawling up pants leg and I got him before he got me.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Just curious, do you wear their treated socks and shirt as well to achieve those results? I had couple pair of pants treated but had half dozen deer ticks get me last week. One was crawling up pants leg and I got him before he got me.
No, just pants. I have seen them crawling on the pants occasionally but they never make it to my skin. Before I had the pants treated, I was getting bitten every time I went hunting. And that was after spraying down with Sawyer, etc.

I am thrilled with the Insect Shield treatment. They should hire me to do marketing!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Same as Huntsman, 1/2 tag, put fresh on in spring, leave on all year, been doing it for 5 years, never found an attached tick unless I didn’t change tag early enough, never had a flea, and no fly’s around the kennel for me, they work great, now watch them take them off the market,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Same as Huntsman, 1/2 tag, put fresh on in spring, leave on all year, been doing it for 5 years, never found an attached tick unless I didn’t change tag early enough, never had a flea, and no fly’s around the kennel for me, they work great, now watch them take them off the market,
They changed the one ingredient, it was 10% They are now 5% and changed the name to Python II

21 - 40 of 47 Posts