The Prodigal son

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by LtELmer, Jun 24, 2020.

1. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

I understand if some one thinks this thread is out in left field.But when I was younger I would discuss this with my mother .I just could not understand WHY. The good child should be rewarded. Then I had kids and a son that broke our heart many times and then I understood and he is doing ok now. God teaches in many ways if we are smart enough to shut up and open up we will understand better. Thanks

That, km, Jimlerminez and 15 others like this.
  2. WTV

WTV Well-Known Member

Wow Mr Lt.....how coincidental!! I was just thinking about that Sunday when my Son showed up at church to surprise me for Father’s Day!! I can’t tell you how it made me feel, especially with all the prayers that have been sent up on his behalf. I to have questioned that parable growing up, but once I had my own I totally get it! The older I get, the more I see GOD’s plan unfold in front of me, with HIS timing being absolutely perfect!! Thank You for the reminder!!

That, Pilgrim, km and 10 others like this.

3. jhook04

jhook04 Well-Known Member

I do believe that very little in life is coincidental. Gods hand work is interlaced throughout all of our lives. Including ones that don’t recognize his presence. So I figure LT “left field” comment is not simply a coincidence. Pretty awesome when things like that happen!!

4. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

Amen LT, my son called fathers day and we was on the phone two hours.... mostly talking about God and what is going on in the world.... Prayers for him and his family have been going up.... When I talked I could tell he is listening, He asks questions about the word and I do my best to answer them, and give him scripture. If you would remember Doug Jr, and his family in prayer....

5. LtELmer

6. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
  7. smitchell

smitchell Well-Known Member

8. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, we love our children unconditionally, they hurt us by the things they do, but we still love and nurture them. The same way our heavenly father does us...

smitchell, Pilgrim, km and 7 others like this.
  9. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    The human brain does not fully develop until the age of 25. It can be a rough road for some young adults. This is where patience and support will help. It's like some beagles the light eventually will go off and they know what to do.

Circle4p, Gene Fedor and km like this.
  10. Materjuice

Materjuice Well-Known Member

Soso, MS
    Are you sure about that age 25 Fox?

I missed the deadline on that one!
    BY A LOT!!!:)

Hope all is going good for ya brother!!! And the rest of ya!!!

Mater

mattdog, Circle4p, smitchell and 3 others like this.
  11. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    There’s always exceptions to the norm Mater, we all had our own time frame. There is a song by PINK FLOYD called TIME that says it all. Look up the words to the song, it’s pretty telling. JMO

Circle4p and Materjuice like this.
  12. Materjuice

Soso, MS
    Pink Floyd!...... Back when they really played instruments and sang!!!

Those were the days!

Mater

13. Jeffrey Lytle

Jeffrey Lytle Well-Known Member

The Prodigal Son can be a tough one to wrap your head around at first for sure. Take a look also at the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard.... St. Matthew 20:1-16. Also, at times a difficult concept to understand. Impossible to understand outside of faith. :)
    We are all the Prodigal Son and also the Workers in the Vineyard. How many times have we disappointed (sinned against) our Heavenly Father? More times just today than we can count!
    However, because of what His Son did for us on the Cross when He sees us He does not look at the horrible transgressions we do... He sees us through His Son and we are forgiven children of God.
    He will welcome us to our Heavenly home just as the earthly father welcomed home his son who had squandered his wealth. On that day our Lord will say to us, "Well done my faithful son/daughter. Welcome to the Home that I've been preparing for you for all of eternity." Thanks be to God for what He has done for us! :)

14. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    Amen. Faith and Grace!! Two of the most profound words in history!!

15. Materjuice

Soso, MS
    You fellas tell me where else.... OTHER THAN RABBITDOGS.... where you can go from the prodigal son....in one post.... Talk about Pink Floyd on the next..... and back to the Prodigal son.... and someone not get all hostile about it!!!

Please forgive the attempted hi-jack with the Pink Floyd posts!!!!
    It was unintentional!!!!

Mater

Dogs, Circle4p, Jeffrey Lytle and 2 others like this.
  16. LtELmer

ya got a point Mater,we are all over the place lol

17. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    Thanks Mater!:)

Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  18. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    Lt- l guess Mr. Messer was right, I am all dressed up with no where to go.

Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  19. LtELmer

20. KyBrushBuster

KyBrushBuster Well-Known Member

"Like Mater's dogs in a check"
    Quote by Robert L Dunn

mattdog, wad, Circle4p and 2 others like this.