Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been a fraud, scam, and has been protected by the “scientist” Pushing drugs they knew didn’t work.
Next time some expert quotes “the science” of something, such as Covid, or let’s say global warming, you can bet some of the “scientist” have their own agendas….., power/pride, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Inside The Corrupt World Of 'Settled' Alzheimer's Science

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
It is a terrible disease to watch and what it does to a person . My dad died from it about 6 years ago . The last 2 years of his life he didn’t even know how to turn on a light in the house that he lived in for over 30 years . Dementia or having a crippling stroke are the 2 things that I fear most as I age .
Alzheimers was my greatest fear, after I became an adult. It's a terrible way for a family to lose a loved one.
My Dad died at about 80, but suffered several years not knowing anything.
It's strange to me, I had seven siblings.
My oldest sister began to suffer dementia at about 70, died at about 90. Bedridden for years, her family cared for her.
Oldest brother began to suffer dementia at about 70, died in his 80s. Bedridden for years, family care, and died in nursing home.
Next brother died at 51, logging accident.
Next sister began to suffer from dementia at about 70 and died at about 78. She lived alone. She was found dead in the floor of her garage.

Next sister is now 86, her mind is fine. Still lives alone.
Next sister died at 79, Cancer! Mind was fine, no dementia
Me! 80. Mind is fine, but maybe debatable according to some Lefties. ;)
Youngest sister died at about 30. Cancer

I find it interesting three of the oldest four died of Alzheimers.
None of the younger four have shown symptoms, yet.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My grandfather died from it. It was heartbreaking to watch, and I’ll never forget it. I always read articles about it when I see them, hoping that they have found something new that can help with it. Saddens me every time I think of how he struggled. He was a tough old man, fought and beat cancer, had his back broke in WWII, then had it broke again farming, even lived through a small engine plane crash. To see him so weak and hopeless in the last years just tore me up. Still bothers me today.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Alzheimer’s is more common today in part because people are living longer. For those who reach 85, about 1/3 of them will get Alzheimer’s. There are early onset forms of the disease, but the great majority of those who get it are in their 80s. It does seem to run in families also. As hound breeders, we learn almost everything has a hereditary link.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
My dad got his when he was around 70 years old . The neurologist said that his type was one of the rarest types of dementia . I asked him if I should be concerned and if it was hereditary . He told me no . I haven’t researched it , or asked any other doctor if there is a link to heredity . My doctor did tell me that we are seeing more of it because people are living longer now with advancements in heart disease prevention and treatment . I have a friend my age that I can see it in . He even talks about it . I am not sure how much longer he is going to be able to run dogs . I sometimes wonder if my younger brother is getting it . He sutters his speech and is hard of hearing .

·
Registered
434 Posts
My wife thought I had memory problems. Several tests, and everything is fine. Some days when running dogs, I cannot even remember their name, when calling them back. I have some words I cannot spell anymore, simple words. And yet I have many things that I remember all the time. When it comes to memory issues, the doctors do not seem to have it figured out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts