Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bitch dog that is heavy Pocket Stubby breeding that was started and put up. She wasn't ran for over a year and I was able to get her back. She is a natural! Put her down yesterday and she ran like she had never missed a beat picking right up where she left off. Ran a rabbit for nearly two hours before finally grounding it. By afternoon she would hardly get up out of the house and I checked her to see what was up. Her pads look like puppy pads. And so sore that she would hardly walk on them. This morning they were some better but still very tender. Anybody know of a way to help speed up the process of toughening them up? I'd like to put her back in the rotation, but don't want to over so it on her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mushers secret worked on my dogs tender pads, not overnight cure. Applied each day after running and then went to about every other day. Seems to keep pads soft and flexible, eliminated the dry cracked pads.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Mushers secret is mostly for a protectant when your working them in rough conditions i think.I use pad heal for cuts or injury to the pads.Works good.All season ive put mushers secret on my tree dogs pads about every 5 days and only had one injury and im pretty sure he did that treeing on a tree with old barb wire all over it.Pad heal healed it up in about a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts