·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Bird Beak Plant Feather
Water Bird Vertebrate Plant Beak
Dog Bird Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore
Water Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore
Early Teal and wood duck season opened today. To say our shooting needed work would be putting it lightly!! We went through a box of shells each in about 20 minutes lol. We did manage a few woodies and I got my first teal which was pretty exciting! Going to go again in the morning hopefully we stay on them.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice blue wing teal! Those suckers fly super fast.
This was my first time going after teal. I've heard stories and saw tons of video but seeing it in person was humbling lol. We could not connect for nothing at first!! Had a blast though thats for sure. We camped out the night before to make sure we were in the marsh first. Also saw my first pop tart cooked over an open flame. Not sure if that was genius or stupid!
Bonfire Ash Wood Fire Flame

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That your Lab?Never owned or hunted with one but i like em.Like watching the trials on Tv.

No it's my buddies I wish she was mine though lol. I feel strongly that my next chapter will be buying, raising, and training a retriever. I welcome the challenge. I love to watch them work. They stare at the sky anxiously waiting for the shot, then go charging for the retrieve! Very smart dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts