Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother ran into one of my high school neighborhood friends this past Sunday . Come to find out , he is into beagles . He sent me a couple of pictures with full tailgates . He said that he has 2 champions . He invited me to run at a place that he runs at . He said that there are over 2000 rabbits on that 600 acres . I don’t know how he came up with that number , but it looks like there are a few there . But to tell you the truth I don’t like hunting or running at a place that has that many rabbits and I don’t have that many shells .
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
642 Posts
If I was where they were that plentiful it would be hard to not kill a bunch. Went on a hunt 150 miles away and five of us killed 46. While it was fun we killed a lot the dogs weren’t running. Would shoot and the dogs would keep running on a different rabbit. Just as much fun to get a few on my deer club.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have one place that’s covered up like that. It’s on a blackberry farm. If the owner doesn’t see a good number of rabbits killed he said he would find somebody else to hunt. The people that hunted it before us ran more than they shot so thats how we were able to get the spot. I don’t like to kill that many at once but we don’t let them go to waste and it keeps the owner happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts