Switching feed

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Curry Branch Beagles, Sep 5, 2020.

1. After many years of feeding Pro Plan I made the decision to switch to Diamond Hi-Energy and there puppy food. Anyone else feeding this and whatcha think?

Circle4p and [email protected] like this.
  2. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

I feed Diamond feeds I have used the High energy before with no problem. The green bag Premium Adult is better. The puppy is good.
    I use Diamond Naturals Chicken and rice right now. Will use Diamond Extreme Athlete soon for hunting season.

3. will messer

will messer SUPER MODERATOR Staff Member

I switched from diamond to TOPS red bag---28/20 i am getting better results than i did with diamond and purina

Circle4p and TJRANGER like this.
  4. DugK

DugK Member

I also just switched from Diamond to Tops prime endurance 28/20

Circle4p likes this.
  5. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    I have been feeding Diamond High Energy for 25+ years with no problems other then cutting it back in the summer so the dogs do not get hog fat. Good feed!

Circle4p likes this.
  6. Ernest Sawyers

Ernest Sawyers Well-Known Member

I am Feeding the Same As Spini, I have really good luck with both of the feed, I feed Iams Puppy to young pups

Circle4p and [email protected] like this.
  7. Culverbeagles

Culverbeagles Well-Known Member

Il
    I’m in the process of changing to valu pac here dogs seem to like it

Circle4p likes this.
  8. Greenhaw

Greenhaw Well-Known Member

Tn
    Brad, Thank You for trying our feed. I hope it does well for you. Let me know how it goes.

Circle4p likes this.
  9. Culverbeagles

Culverbeagles Well-Known Member

Il
    Glad I found it somewhere close. Got to do something I’ve never done. I took my service truck thru a drive in feed store lol

Circle4p and Red dog 007 like this.
  10. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

Are you employed by Specialty Feeds Inc.? I know one of their sales guys.

Circle4p and Red dog 007 like this.
  11. Greenhaw

Tn
    Spini,No I am not. Let's just say I have a financial interest in it. I think it is a Great feed for the price. I was just tired of paying high prices for dog feed that is not much better if any. All the brand's mentioned here are outstanding feeds. I just thought I could save myself and my hound friends some money on the feed bill.

12. Deadeye410

Deadeye410 Well-Known Member

I switched from value pak to diamond hi energy 24/20 I really like it. I also like the diamond puppy food too. Diamond is all I'll feed, unless my supplier quits selling it.

13. Deadeye410

I agree with [email protected], cut back in the summer or the dogs will get big as a barrel. Good luck!

14. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

I have fed Diamond forever but always switch for the latest and greatest cheeper food. I always go back to Diamond like a damn yo-yo. Sportmix is also a good feed, mainly fed it because they gave our club thousands of dollars worth if feed over the years. I have always had good luck and my hounds have always looked and performed the best on the Diamond.
    I fed Caliber and the black Value-Pack, my hounds coats went to crap. Too bad cause it is so much cheeper. I even worked with Gene from Specialty Feeds to get it here. But had to go back to Diamond and my hounds look way better now.

Deadeye410, Circle4p and Red dog 007 like this.
  15. Deadeye410

Amen! Spini boys! You couldn't have described diamond better.

Spini Boys, Circle4p and Red dog 007 like this.
  16. Greenhaw

Tn
    If it works better for you. I can't blame you for doing that. Some dogs do better on different feeds. I do Thank You for giving Tops and Value a try.

17. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    I went with the value pack about.a year ago been feeding it ever since. I fed the diamond for12 years before.

18. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

Absolutely Wade, when I was feeding Sportmix I was feeding many more hounds, but I had one hound that would puke it up and just did awful on it. All the others were fine. The caliber and Value-Pack just effected 2 hounds, other 2 did fine.

Deadeye410, TJRANGER and Circle4p like this.
  19. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

I feed Diamond Hi Energy,all my hounds love it and stools are good .Some coats are better than others. I would try Valu pak if it was available her local but not driving 2 hrs out of my way to get it or paying inflated prices

20. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

I don't blame you LT, If they can keep there prices reasonable you should see it before long... I really like the 28/20 black bag all around, for pup's and all... I tried the 30/20 puppy food... really not much of a difference... well that's right... the 28/20 is grain free

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020