Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..guys and gals..superior hounds still alive today and what makes them superior? Also bloodlines and what makes them superior to others..lets keep it clean but open discussion..we all just may learn something here?

·
Registered
560 Posts
well...i am certainly a green horn when it come to superior lines and the (famous) bloodlines that are out there!!!...but i have definitely been around beagles all my life...now...in my opinion...it would include a lot of different aspects!!!...such as...how many years has the bloodline been established???...how many litters of pups have been raised???...how many of those pups went on to be excellent hounds???...when you put all that together...then you can come up with some sort of percentage scale!!!...i would think that the fewer litters that were produced...the odds of producing some excellent hounds would increase!!...as it also seems to me that most of the time...in eack litter there will be a couple of the pups that just dont develop and turn out like the rest!!!...at least that has been my experience!!!....that is just some of my thoughts...i hope everybody will join in this conversation...and give some positive input....and maybe we can all learn something!!!

·
Banned
469 Posts
I don't think Brinsky's Run em Over Tank is still alive but I have a male that is straight out of him that I have had nothing but good results from the pups he sired. They all had big noses and were very smart. I have 3 dogs in my kennel that go back to Tank and I like em all. I'm not a big field trailer but I belive Tank produced several champions.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think Brinsky's Run em Over Tank is still alive but I have a male that is straight out of him that I have had nothing but good results from the pups he sired. They all had big noses and were very smart. I have 3 dogs in my kennel that go back to Tank and I like em all. I'm not a big field trailer but I belive Tank produced several champions.
Can you give some detail about Tank,his breeding,what breeding created him and is there any one keeping the line of hounds from him pure??

·
Banned
469 Posts
Dan Brinsky is the guy who owned Tank I believe he is from Ohio.I don't know how pure they have kept his line someone from up that way may be able to tell you more about him. I do believe Tank went back to the Flat Creek line. I just know I read an article about him one time that talked about his big nose and brains and how he was passing that on to his offspring and from what I have personally seen it is true. You can google this dog and a ton of stuff will pop up I think he won about everything you can win in AKC and NKC

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
i have a book by Dave Fisher that has a picture of Tank in it and it say's that Tank had forty four first place wins in several registries and several nation titles. Tank is the first dog to ever hold the title of champion in three beagle registries: AKC, ARHA, UKC. Now that's one dog's accomplishment but on some of the other boards their was a subject came up titled Pure which a lot of Patch dog owners showed pedigree's that went back a lot of generations that the names were all listed Patch. A person could set here and name one dog right after the other and bloodlines all day. Little Nip Otis, Pearson Creek Carson, Pearson Creek bloodlines in general. A lot depends on what style and what registry each person likes when thinking of the best dogs to them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dan Brinsky is the guy who owned Tank I believe he is from Ohio.I don't know how pure they have kept his line someone from up that way may be able to tell you more about him. I do believe Tank went back to the Flat Creek line. I just know I read an article about him one time that talked about his big nose and brains and how he was passing that on to his offspring and from what I have personally seen it is true. You can google this dog and a ton of stuff will pop up I think he won about everything you can win in AKC and NKC
Rebel - you need to call Philip

Philip Kallam
[email protected]
434-689-3413 - home
434-917-1619 - cell

They keep Tank's bloodline going - The have about 10 FC studs with the same breeding or very close to the same breeding at Tank.

They run a med-plus to fast hound.

They have had a stud ad in the Hounds and Hunting magazine the last few months with a list of all their Studs and most of there pedigrees.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Phillip and purchased a female pup from him and he brought it to me at North Ga beagle club,but if i am think correctly he only trains and trials for the owners of the flatecreekkennels??

·
Registered
172 Posts
There are a lot of variables that have to be included when thinking about this(area of the country there from, differance in trial formats etc.) I need to think on this one a while. But Tank has definately left his mark on the sport.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so...have we found a superior bloodline yet???
Doesn't seem like it? There are some great past FC's and IFC's but a bloodline that reproduces in like kind and produces above average rabbit dogs consistantly,no one has come forward with such yet??
I want a line of hounds that i know without a doubt i can purchase a pup at 8 weeks old and it will start prior to 6 months old and by time it is a year old i can comsistantly kill rabbits over it and all i have to do is provide it with the area it can find and run me a rabbit back to the gun and i do not have to help it find a rabbit.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Doesn't seem like it? There are some great past FC's and IFC's but a bloodline that reproduces in like kind and produces above average rabbit dogs consistantly,no one has come forward with such yet??
I want a line of hounds that i know without a doubt i can purchase a pup at 8 weeks old and it will start prior to 6 months old and by time it is a year old i can comsistantly kill rabbits over it and all i have to do is provide it with the area it can find and run me a rabbit back to the gun and i do not have to help it find a rabbit.
how about a money back guarantee???...LOL...kiddin...i see what you mean...come on guys...somebody has to know something here!!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Try Oakhill blueticks

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Try Oakhill blueticks
salzer mtn...you puchase one and if it turns out to be a superior hound i will buy it from you..deal??but do you not already have two? if so are they the top hounds in your kennel,superior to to all your hounds?If so i would enjoy seeing them run? can we arrange that?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Rebel i have three now. The last one i bought is a female that is a year old. The other female is three but i have her bred to the male. As for running with you we probably live too far apart to have a good run for several hours due to heat, baby rabbit's and so on. But we will some time. As for them being the best i have, that is a difficult question to answer because i enjoy running different style dogs. I like running with different hunting buddies and i try to keep something that would be compatable with their dogs.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i wish i had enough time to have one for every occasion!!!...LOL...i just like them fast...with the brains and nose and gears to handle it!!!...THANKS REB!!!!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rebel i have three now. The last one i bought is a female that is a year old. The other female is three but i have her bred to the male. As for running with you we probably live too far apart to have a good run for several hours due to heat, baby rabbit's and so on. But we will some time. As for them being the best i have, that is a difficult question to answer because i enjoy running different style dogs. I like running with different hunting buddies and i try to keep something that would be compatable with their dogs.
We are not that far apart,i enjoy traveling if i can see some good hound action and the baby rabbits are up and running fine by now and as for heat, we can find a place near water to run but a couple hours should not hurt a good rabbit dog,if you were trialing they best be able to run a couple hours,so all your excuses is used up and sense you recommended Oakhill hounds i am interested in putting them to the test,surely you don't mind me watching them run?? If you have a phone number i can call you and set up a date? Maybe Oakhill would like to join us?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts