Starting April 1st

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by Jeff Gammon, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

You will either have to run in a pen or at night, until May 15th. Just in case you didn't know

2. In Ms we had to strart in March, turkey season all the way till May 7th. I wish we had to drive outa state to see a deer or turkey track.

3. Jeff Gammon

Oh yea that was for Arkansas locals

4. RKW

RKW Active Member

Isn't this just supposed to last during turkey season?

Roger

5. that the dates it gives in the arkansas hunting guidebook roger

6. Jeff Gammon

I wish it was that way just when turkey season was open in a given area. I am not a night person, in bed every night by 9 PM. Guess I will have to stay up a little later, got 2 pups that are coming out of the starting pen next Friday. They will need to be run, run, run.

7. semohunter

semohunter New Member

april 1

mo. is the same first day of april till after spring turkey season cannot have a gun in woods unless turkey hunting and any type of dog hunting is also closed

8. rosco

rosco New Member

Guys,

I almost hate to admit it but I love turkey hunting.

9. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

yep g&f says april 1st till may 15

10. Is that just for public land or does that include private land also?

11. That a good question R Howell

12. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    If Ar. is like Ms.it is everywhere, but we do have stipulations we can run at night. It started with the coondog hunters and filtered on down to us.

13. I was under the impression, that only coon hunters could run at night. They buy permits, was told no running of any other dogs even at night. Please help me clarify if you can. Thanks

14. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

I dont know about other states but I copied this from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission website;

Using dogs to chase wildlife for pleasure is prohibited April 1-May 15 with these exceptions: 1) hunting within fox and coyote enclosures, 2) during sanctioned field trials, and 3) chasing for pleasure is allowed from 60 minutes after sunset until 60 minutes before sunrise, from April 1-May 15.

15. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    Go to MDWFP click license and law enf,look on the left and click coon and rabbit permits. It will give you a lot of rules. You got to get a permit , have a tracking system ,have 250 acres to run on, keep them within the boundaries, run 1 hour after dark to 3A.M. I think check on that . MS code 49-7-5 and 49-7-9 . I believe it states it must be private land no WMA's. I think that is the Law now... K.J. Please tell me if I am wrong . This only started a short time ago.. Good luck with your running..

16. Ken James

Ken James Active Member

MS.
    Oh! I forgot to say the permits are free, Let me say that again FREE...There was a meeting a few months back in Jackson on this issue.. :D:wink:

17. cdp

cdp New Member

indiana lets us run year round as long as we have a valid hunting liecens

18. Jeff Gammon

We need to send these Arkansas dudes to Indiana and let you boys talk some sense into them