Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6yr old female that gets fatigued after running a few circles. She doesn’t get ran much but neither does her kennel mate ( 5yr old ) and she can go all day. Has anyone seen this kind of stamina loss in such a short period?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does she cough alot, possible heart worms or low blood sugar, try giving her some peanut butter after 2 or 3 hrs. running see if it helps.
Have you had her checked for Lymes?
I have not had her to the vet yet to have her tested for anything as of yet. She doesn’t have a cough and she acts normal when not running.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have seen dogs do what your saying for being out of shape. Some dogs can handle it some can’t. I’ve saw dogs run only a race and you would have to pick them up and pack them back to the truck. The same dog was ran as much as possible and cut back on feed and could run all day long when he got in shape. I don’t know for sure if this is your problem but I’ve seen it happen like this. Good luck hopes all works out for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen dogs do what your saying for being out of shape. Some dogs can handle it some can’t. I’ve saw dogs run only a race and you would have to pick them up and pack them back to the truck. The same dog was ran as much as possible and cut back on feed and could run all day long when he got in shape. I don’t know for sure if this is your problem but I’ve seen it happen like this. Good luck hopes all works out for you.
I have an appointment at vet tomorrow to do some blood work just Incase. Thanks to all for your input, hoping it’s just a lack of something not the other senerios. I will give update on whatever they find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an appointment at vet tomorrow to do some blood work just Incase. Thanks to all for your input, hoping it’s just a lack of something not the other senerios. I will give update on whatever they find.
Blood work done at vet for Heartworms came back negative but she has pneumonia. So she’s on antibiotics now. Should be good to go in a couple weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts