Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
There is a certain type of residual spray that my exterminator friend uses under houses, in attics and on yards but I know you can’t buy unless you have the license to purchase. I will try to get the name when he comes this month. All over the counter is contact only unless there is something out there that I havnt found yet.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I bought some concentrate made by Bayer but my front label fell off. Put the concentrate in a pump sprayer mix with water. Safe for interior use as well as exterior. Kills about every insect I’ve encountered. Basically spray around perimeter of house and baseboards of house. I’ll see if I can find the name.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I treated the outside with Demand CS today . Domyown sells that also . It looks like it is good for the outside , but not as safe for indoor use as the Talstar P . I am going to order a gallon of Talstar P and treat every month for the summer or until I stop seeing spiders . The Demand cost a lot more than the Talstar P , so a good reason to try it , $124 / 32oz vs $34 .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use the Talstar. I can’t remember the specific name it is but it’s in a bag and looks like sand. I’ve it for the past 3 years. does awesome with ants But also does good on spiders and other insects.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get some bifenthren to spray your yard. It will kill them and has a 14 day residue. Im a farmer and can get my hands on it easy. I’m not sure if you can get it without a pesticide license. Where are you from

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went out to feed the dogs just now and I saw a couple dead black widows and a few other spiders and bugs . One black widow on the house and the other on the garage . I don’t worry about them getting into my house as much as a brown recluse or wolf spider .

·
Registered
635 Posts
FastCap is what I use. My buddy is a commercial fumigator, so they do food/agricultural factories and stuff. He turned me on to it. It is water soluble so it won't mess up the paint in your house. Spray every top and bottom corner, around each window and door, and under each faucet and dark corner, etc. It leaves these tiny microscopic balls of poison that gets stuck to the spiders' feet and kills them. You can do inside and outside monthly or bi-monthly. It is super-concentrated so a bottle should last you years.

If I spray before bed I will lock our cat in one room and give it overnight to dry. Then shut the door to that room the next day and spray in there. After you spray it the next few days you will find a bunch of dead spiders everywhere lol.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The website at domyown is very helpful along with all of y’all’s recommended products . From what I read and chat talk with them , it looks like FastCap is the best product for spiders , followed by what I used yesterday , Demand CS . It’s not cheap , so I don’t think that I would want to treat my whole yard with it every month .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts