Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
heard they are like a bee sting, pretty much harmless just like most critters, as long as you dont pick at it it wont mess with you

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I was noticing yesterday in the fields there were no garden spiders of that size. All I saw were smaller spiders. Used to have a lot of bigger garden spiders.

·
Registered
370 Posts
here in my area of VA , we have quite alot of those big brown orb spiders, although creepy , they are pretty much harmless, they usually out mostly end of summer through november, nothing like walking into those webs in the dark going to your deerstand then feeling that s.o.b crawling on your neck

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have torn down countless huge webs with my grinning face in the Big Cypress riding in a jeep.In south Florida there are huge beautifull banana spiders that make giant webs.After one August weekend at my friend's camp when I got back my wife asked "Was it hot and buggy?"I said "It was as hot as the hinges of Hades and so buggy I'm surprised I still have any blood left in me."She asked "Did you have fun?" Said I "I can’t wait to get back there!!!!"

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here in Southeast La. they call em Banana Spiiders. They spin huge webs and generally when u see one , you'll notice them everywhere. They arent venomous like black widows but they'll bite u if you mash one or handle him rough. Ive walked through their web unknowingly after dark and had em crawl on top of my head and ride back to the truck with me where i screamed out like a girl scout!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts