Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking (been looking) for a great pedigree rabbit hunting Beagle. I’m located near Gettysburg PA and will travel for pick up. Need a "go getting" bloodline - very thick multiflora rose thickets where we hunt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I live in western Pa. and can't find a pup or dog without going south or west. I lost my 4 year old Shorts Pro Bella dog in March. Still looking............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its been a real struggle. I have been looking for good pups in our area with a few hours drive. And nothing has worked out for us. Search continues haha. Good luck to you!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sucks man a guy just drove to Missouri from PA to pick up two of my pups. He got one and I linked him up with another guy and he brought his back too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow - feels like that's what I will probably have to do - road trip. Even then its still not easy to find exactly what you are looking for. I hope your dogs work out for you though!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will have some blue tick black and tan pups later shorts pro on the bottom bramlett on the top first litter is 9 months old and all that have been hunting are hard fast hunting dogs jumping and circle rabbits since 5 months old will have AKC papers in hand 200 each 1 male already booked heading to pa

·
Registered
128 Posts
True -Blues, a little in info on your dogs,size,speed the parents run,natural or shocked off deer,conformation and any health issues. I lost my unbelievable shots pro Bella dog to a hereditary spinal disease and had to put her down at 4 years old.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
father is greenbay shooter top donald butch bottom he is 9 and has good hunt great check work real nice snow dog . mother is 6 talkabout blue jasper topp and bottom hard hunting dog jumps a ton of rabbits . had to shock her one time on a deer when she was young have killed 100's of rabbits in front of her the father I just bought last year because I liked two female pups I got off him the year before

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good luck. They are out there but rare. The Field Trials and Pens have just about weeded out the hunt in most bloodlines. Driving that rabbit with so called power and control is ALL The RAGE. What they call hunt today is a joke. If you find some don't tell anyone as 1000 rabbit hunters a few Trialers would love to know where the HUNT can be found or put in beagles that can hold on to a rabbit without jumping and running around hit and miss like a complete FOOL.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Natural rabbit dogs been running my 2 pups in the wild since 5 months old they will run a rabbit right through the middle of a herd of deer and not look back, 1 in Pittsburgh area same way 8 plus on hunt they have the gears to slow down when needed but also have overdrive, all small under 13 but all heart. Sorry for the delay in answering you back been laying tile in a house all week

·
Registered
179 Posts
The reason I am breeding to a heavy bramlett bred male is to try and put even more grit in my blood for down the road

1 - 20 of 26 Posts