Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some things that just ain't right. Just a bunch of random stuff that really don't mean much.
It ain't right that you buy cable service then set watching commercials. I like to set down now and then and watch old westerns. You get 6 minutes of program and 13 minutes of commercials.
Already paid to have the service so we should get paid to watch their commercials.

I don't like getting all these calls from all these people that for a small fee they will save me from ruining my life because I have the wrong insurance.
Or they call about my car warranty. I pay a pretty good price for the phone service then the phone company allows all these calls because they make money off those guys using the service I pay for to make as many as 8 calls some days.
The fact that every dollar we make is taxed before we get it then taxed again when we spend it and where they have property tax it is taxed yet again.

What are some little things that just ain't right in your life.

It's so bad that the other day I was walking at the edge of the water and found a bottle with a note in it.
It said..... We have been trying to reach you concerning your cars extended warranty....

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another thing that ain't right.
Whenever there is a billing problem or something and you stop by the business to get things on track the person in billing will pull your account up on the computer.
Then they point at the screen and say....well it says right here..... like the computer is some kind of infallible devise that can not be questioned.

Another thing is when you are looking to buy a piece of machinery or something and the sales man starts to tell you how much it is going to cost him to get another piece like the one you are trying to buy as a reason for inflating the price of the one at hand. I am willing to understand a fair profit as we are all trying to make a living. Don't charge me for what the next one is going to cost.

A big one is no matter what brand of machinery you have nobody stocks parts anymore. I understand why. It is a shame however that parts have to be ordered and they come from China.

Another thing that is to bad is if you are able to hire farm help which is not easy they have no clue what they are doing and tare up more than they come to. We don't hardly hire anyone anymore because we are afraid they will get hurt. They can do some things you would never think anybody would do.

All these things do not put me out of sorts. I know it is just they way it is now days. You have to work around many things. It is just a shame it must be this way but in one form or another it has always been this way I guess.

Then you have the cancer DR buy the farm next to yours and build a house with windows ordered from France. Which is his business except he builds it in direct line with your rifle range that you now have to quit using. It would not be so bad but he builds a mile from the road in the hills. Not only that he tells you that you can no longer hunt the land you grew up hunting but has the nerve to ask you if he can run his fox hounds and horses on your land.

Thank goodness these kind of things are just annoyances and do not really make any difference in the long run. We all got some I guess.

On the other hand my Mac dog which just turned 13 months solo a rabbit three hours last evening never missing a beat. That makes it all worth while every time. His brother Frank did it for two the evening before. Looking good for the upcoming season if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I switched to a new doctor 2 years ago closer to me . My old doctor retired and was over a hour away . I don’t hardly ever have to go to the doctor , thank god . The only reason that I go is because my insurance company will give me $200 dollars if I get a wellness check every year and they pay for the visit and bloodwork . My first visit last year the doctor billed it wrong and my insurance wouldn’t pay it . I had to make call the doctors office and get it straight . It only took one or two calls . When I went this year I told the doctor about the billing problem . He said that if I have any trouble this time to let him know . It was worst this time , I can’t tell you how many times that I had to call them . It went on for 2 weeks . I still don’t know if it is straight yet , but the bloodwork place said that they can see that it was resubmitted and don’t pay anything yet unless I get another bill . I told the doctors office that if I can’t trust them to bill my insurance company correctly , how can I trust them for my medical care and to let the doctor know that I am looking for a new doctor .

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I have lost a lot of hunting areas here in Michigan, I would hunt to and from our other farm 3 miles away. I knew every neighbor and they understood that I would be hunting on some of their land. I had some great places for pheasant, rabbit, quail, and partridge hunting. During the late 70’s people would buy up large parcels put up no trespassing, no hunting signs. They expected to hunt our property, my mom told 10 guys to get off our property, one guy said it was ok to hunt our land because the neighbor who sold his land said we would not mind. No one wold knock on our door for permission.
Opening day of pheasant season guys from the Detroit area suburbs would come up wanting to hunt our property. We always had a large amount of pheasants, one group came up wanting to camp, my dad said it was ok, they had a fire going at dusk, my dad walked over and saw his wooden fence posts were cut being used for the fire. Dad was pissed he told them to pack up and leave, they were not allowed to hunt opening day or ever again. These hunters always said they would send my dad a gift for letting them hunt, never saw the gift and no one ever hunted on our property again.
Guys like that did not know the golden rule, your word meant something, you never go back on your word, the farmers code, shook hands and it was a done deal. Sorry for the rambling, pheasant season opens October 20, I have a couple of places I can hunt, new faces make up the population of the NO TRESSPASSING, NO HUNTING land. Just saying, JMHO (y):eek:🐶🦆

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On my place there is a little creek that runs into a bigger creek. People like to fish there in the spring. One bunch came every spring and camped there.
We had hay in the field there. When I mowed the hay I hit an old fire spot where they had burned tires. I was mowing with a hay bine that had a beater and two rollers. It wrapped that wire out of those tires from one end to the other. I laid under it for two hours cutting wire out of it.
Next spring when they came I went out there and told them fishing is fine just keep the fire on the creek bank. They told me it was none of my business where they had their fire.
They don't fish there any more.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
." Not only that he tells you that you can no longer hunt the land you grew up hunting but has the nerve to ask you if he can run his fox hounds and horses on your land."
I know exactly what I would tellem! lol
I know what I would have told him too. I'd have told him sure, just bring me a horse , and next weekend we'll run my hounds on both our places as well!

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
People who buy little mules and put them in a wagon full of people and work them beyond what they are capable of.
People who ride bare foot horses on blacktop.
Give these types two beers and they think they are John Wayne.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Young females who spit their words like a machine pistol then look at you like you are a space alien .
These are the same young women who drive like they are immortal.
They test their brakes at every red light.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts