SOLAR POWERED FENCE CHARGER

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by smitchell, Aug 9, 2020.

1. smitchell

smitchell Well-Known Member

I will need to use solar power for electric fence on running pen. Does anybody have one? What kind works best? A lot of different chargers out there. Thanks for any help!

That, [email protected] and Circle4p like this.
  2. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    I don’t remember the name on mine but it works really well. It has a battery to store from solar!! I have used it for over 10 years. I’ll try to remember to get the name off of it when I check on cows today. I bought it several years ago at local Farmers Co-Op

3. Larry

Larry Active Member

I have one around my garden for deer. I've got 7 strands around a 1/4 acre. It is a 6 volt. Lights up 3 lights on my checker. My electric lights all them. But the deer don't mess with my garden anymore plus I put up those blinking lights for preditors. I think I got mine from Amazon.

4. MackC

MackC Moderator

I got mine at Tractor Supply for about $150. I have 2 acres for puppy starting. It's rated for alot more than 2 acres but more is better in this case.

5. smitchell

smitchell Well-Known Member

Ended up getting a ParMak 12 V, I want to shock the fire out of something!

Circle4p, MackC and That like this.
  6. Larry

Larry Active Member

Good choice. I should have got the 12 volt myself. Parmak 6 volt. Needed it to be stronger.

smitchell, Circle4p and That like this.
  7. John Taylor

John Taylor Well-Known Member

We have the ParMak 12 Volt on our club enclosurers and gets it done. You surely will be cautious if you get hit once with it. I have no clue on how long the batteries will last, but it has been a year since in use and still working like new. We have one on our 20 acre pen and another on our 26 acre pen.

smitchell, TJRANGER and Circle4p like this.
  8. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    Get a weed zapper one, anytime a weed gets on the wire will burn it off. On the farm we had birds sit on the wire and touch the metal post and got zapped, I would find them hanging upside down from the wire.

LtELmer likes this.