Rabbit Dogs banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
After my nephew got home he took his son for an evening hunt. He already killed a jake during the youth season a couple weeks ago and said he wanted a longbeard. They set down on the edge of a field and had this big boy come slipping in on them. I told him he was probably the first person legally tagged out in Kentucky. This boy is gonna carry on the tradition!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Well guys we had a text book hunt this morning. We had 3 deer come into our turkey decoys and one of them had about 2 inch nubbins. The tom finally flew down about 180 yds away and made a v-line right for our setup. He was strutting and gobbling the whole way and my son was sitting in my lap shaking. Once he got to the decoys we had to wait for him to turn before I could get the boy up on the gun. The bird gobbled 3 times in our faces and sent shivers down my sons back (he was sitting on my lap). We finally got our chance to shoot and he missed at 12yds.....it was fantastic except for the miss though. The smile on his face and feeling him shake like that was priceless

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.