Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male out of Slim Shady and 5 Star Sassy, born 4/4/16, 13 inch, strong good looking hound. I have owned him for 3.5years, bought him from Greg Malcom at Sandy Creek kennels, he bought him to use as a stud on some of his females. He runs a nice clean rabbit, makes the turns from anywhere in the pack, has a huge booming ball mouth. As far a running trash in 4 years I have owned him, he has run 1 fox, he saw a rabbit run out of the woods sight chased the rabbit only to run head long into a fox who was after the rabbit and they took the fox about 400 yards, shocked him and have not had any issues since, also has ran a ground hog one time, hollered at him and he stoped. has never offered on a deer for me and we hunt over plenty. He typically runs between 3.20 and 3.50 in thick cover on Garmin ,thats what all of ours run, I have never ran him with anything faster to see if he would pick up. He works well with the young hounds we run him with. He is in good health , good kennel manors except he barks at feeding time when he sees me coming to feed. The thing he is lacking is hunt, he will jump a few but just doesn’t have much hunt, Greg said he hunted good for him but he hasn’t shown it for me. I have some short videos of him running, that I can text to anyone interested, he is located in North Eastern Md. Money not important to me, more so that he goes to some one who will run him and take good care of him, he is a nice hound or I wouldn’t have fed him for 4 years, we just have several young developing hounds and a new litter born last week so we can’t run them all , and I have decided not to raise any litters out of him due to his lacking in the hunt that I like. He hasn’t been shot over much, I think we shot 5 rabbits in the last 4 years lol we just don’t shoot except occasionaly for some young hounds to get a little fur, but he never seemed bothered by it. He needs runup some as he has only been getting run a couple times a month since summer arrived

1 - 1 of 1 Posts