Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but you know a rule book hound is almost a thing of the past. I would actually consider them a little rough but the direction field trials are going its not so. The amazing part is its basicly the same rule book of 40 years ago but man the dogs sure have chaged. I can no longer compete in field trials so i just enjoy hunting and pleasure running. Bad part is i still get in some really big disagreements with myself.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Lol I've found if you can't disagree with yourself sometimes you'll never be able to agree with anyone else, or yourself. I do the same thing, here lately for the most part I think I'm where I want to be with my hounds but I'm always second guessing things. Always wanting a little more this or a little less that. I can say the crew I've got right now are as close to what I expect out of a pack as I've ever owned. I will continue to let em lick the pot around my place cause I know where I was a year or 2 ago and I THINK I know where I want to be on down the trail.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nice video Mark, I think they looked really good. I would like to watch them in person sometime. I think I still have your number. I have been meaning to get a hold of you anyway, I have been getting the Valu Pak dog food that you and Don told me about. I was going to see if you guys were still using it, I could get you some next time I am out there getting it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark your dogs make running a rabbit look easy. When I think of a "rulebook" hound the dogs in your video are exactly what I picture! I know you and your brother have worked hard to get where you are with your pack and I applaud you for that! Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I dont know about rule book but we try really hard to keep dogs that run the rabbit and not each other. It's getting more and more difficult because people are breeding and wanting more competitive dogs all the time.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice video Mark, I think they looked really good. I would like to watch them in person sometime. I think I still have your number. I have been meaning to get a hold of you anyway, I have been getting the Valu Pak dog food that you and Don told me about. I was going to see if you guys were still using it, I could get you some next time I am out there getting it.
If you watch them live then I will be exposed and wont be able to cover up their faults.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought they did a fine job. Looked good, sounded good, RABBIT DAWGS!!!!
You guys keep watching and I will do my best to keep making the videos. I am going to be 69 In April, broke both bones in my leg two years ago and i have had 5 surgeries at Cleveland Clinic. I Love my dogs and as long as I can do this I will keep trying.
Always enjoy your videos! Keep em coming.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dogs looked great to me Mark. It is getting hard to find dogs around here that run like that.
Harder all the time and when you do can you get the hunt? We have been fortunate with our bloodlines but they are pretty much gone now after EZ and Abby.. I feel really fortunate to have gotten Lilly from Jerry Krieg. She is a little Buzz saw and has made a good hunting dog out of Sky. i just wish Lilly had the big nose so i could breed her to Space.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts