Short Race Tonight

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

I just came in from running a cottontail with Trixie and Buddy. I thought I would see one to turn loose on but I didn't so I just cast the pair and they didn't go 30 yards before they jumped and had him running. They ran him about an hour and 20 minutes before I caught them. James Murphy if you happen to read this post I wish you could have heard Trixie hammering that rabbit. I wish all of my dogs could bark at one like her. She seems to get better every time I carry her hunting. The full moon tonight and atmosphere made it just right for running too. If I weren't so tired I would still be out there.

Roger

2. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

man i'm at work sure wish i could of run tonite

3. I went for hour and a half my self had good little race

4. RKW

RKW Active Member

Tim I went hunting tonight and had a good time but I sure do need to get back to work too. I will promise you this as soon as I do go to work I'll be counting the days until I can go hunting again. It is a good night to hunt though.

Roger

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

Keith it is fun isn't it. I wish you lived closer I get tired of going by myself at night. My wife won't go after dark she is a daytime rabbit hunter. Well, she did go with me and the kids friday night. Have you got plenty of rabbits to run?

Roger

6. I got plenty to run for pleasure I' m like you Iget tired of going by my self but I do enjoy it by my self or with someone