Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fern had 7 Beautiful pups yesterday! 5 males and 2 females! I’m beyond excited and overjoyed! Does anyone else get nervous though that there not getting enough milk? That they may be too Hot? I guess I just want all of them to make it! Lord willing they will! Sorry the pic was rushed it’s not the best I’ll get a better one today or tomorrow!
Comfort Carnivore Dog breed Wood Fawn

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fern had 7 Beautiful pups yesterday! 5 males and 2 females! I’m beyond excited and overjoyed! Does anyone else get nervous though that there not getting enough milk? That they may be too Hot? I guess I just want all of them to make it! Lord willing they will! Sorry the pic was rushed it’s not the best I’ll get a better one today or tomorrow!
View attachment 61714
very pretty

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I use a rubber mat wrapped with a towel. The towel can be taped with duct tape on the bottom side so it stays in place. You can also use fabric glue from Walmart instead of tape. I make about three or four towels up and rotate them out everyday. You can run them through the washing machine. This works very well.
What is the purpose of the towels? Seems like they would make the puppies warmer and make it harder for the mother to clean up after them (after urine, etc soaked into the towel)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the purpose of the towels? Seems like they would make the puppies warmer and make it harder for the mother to clean up after them (after urine, etc soaked into the towel)?
It's a little softer on the pups as they push themselves around, It also soaks up the urine. The towel does need to be changed out frequently.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They should be fine. If they aren’t crying and seem to be nursing, no problems. The first 5 days are critical, because puppies don’t yet have the ability to regulate their own temperatures and are most susceptible to heat and cold. After that, they can withstand quite a bit.
So should I put the fan in there during the heat of the day or no?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts