Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am without a doubt the Unluckiest Dog Owner in the WORLD. Between Rabbit dogs and house pets I own (They OWN ME)) 14 dogs 13 Beagles and a Bichon Frise as most of us do I try and keep up with worming,shots ,rabies,etc.
Izzy is 12 and has started to develop a occasional limp -Left foot not so much as a limp but she favors it usually clears up after a few hours. @ her age I figured a little Arthur

WELL this past Sunday she was stoved up and had time walking --so yesterday off to the Vet --This dog has NEVER had any health issues we had her spaid when when was young .

Here U can not visit the Vet they have U wait in your vehicle and call U when it is your turn-- they took Izzy in phone call about 10 minutes later -I am holding my breath as the last 4 dogs I have taken to the vet NONE came home Doc tells me she has LYME Disease-

Come on MAN!!!!!!!!!! how does this happen when the temp has not been above freezing in two + weeks except for 3 days-

I keep Doxycycline as well as Amoxicillin & Prednisone on hand as I believe if a Tick does get attached Doxy will stop them from getting infected

Sure enough he prescribed Doxy for 30 days Wish me Luck

Thanx
Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am without a doubt the Unluckiest Dog Owner in the WORLD. Between Rabbit dogs and house pets I own (They OWN ME)) 14 dogs 13 Beagles and a Bichon Frise as most of us do I try and keep up with worming,shots ,rabies,etc.
Izzy is 12 and has started to develop a occasional limp -Left foot not so much as a limp but she favors it usually clears up after a few hours. @ her age I figured a little Arthur

WELL this past Sunday she was stoved up and had time walking --so yesterday off to the Vet --This dog has NEVER had any health issues we had her spaid when when was young .

Here U can not visit the Vet they have U wait in your vehicle and call U when it is your turn-- they took Izzy in phone call about 10 minutes later -I am holding my breath as the last 4 dogs I have taken to the vet NONE came home Doc tells me she has LYME Disease-

Come on MAN!!!!!!!!!! how does this happen when the temp has not been above freezing in two + weeks except for 3 days-

I keep Doxycycline as well as Amoxicillin & Prednisone on hand as I believe if a Tick does get attached Doxy will stop them from getting infected

Sure enough he prescribed Doxy for 30 days Wish me Luck

Thanx
Jim
Jim where do u get your prednisone from ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.