Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you, it’s your interest and your mother agrees. Keep us in inform when you get the pup and how it is progressing.
Thank you and imdefinitely very lucky she’s supper supportive of all my endeavors, I’m not gonna rush any kind of decision though and I’m gonna have to do some kennel work to prepare.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thank you and imdefinitely very lucky she’s supper supportive of all my endeavors, I’m not gonna rush any kind of decision though and I’m gonna have to do some kennel work to prepare.
Make sure you see the parents running a rabbit, and that the pup is not as fast then what you were running.
That way you will have good brace. Good luck. JMO

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you getting a male or female? Female you could breed to any male, raise pups and start the type of beagle you like and sell the rest. JMHO
I’ve not gotten that far into, i was sorta thinking A male so i could just add alittle house into my already existing kennel and run and not worry about them mating in there own, but I’m not opposed to doing what you just stated above. I just now got the go ahead to start looking so i got a lot of thinking and looking to do

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I’ve not gotten that far into, i was sorta thinking A male so i could just add alittle house into my already existing kennel and run and not worry about them mating in there own, but I’m not opposed to doing what you just stated above. I just now got the go ahead to start looking so i got a lot of thinking and looking to do
Good luck to you young man. Posts some pictures!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I have a male pup that is all over my 2 females, I have to step in sometimes because there has some nastiness between the 2. I know guys will say it teaches the pup how to be socialize, but if it is only one other dog problems could arise.
I hope that does not happen. Dogs are territorial and a new pup coming into the older dogs pen he might be pissed because his territory is and will eventually be challenged. I never put dogs together unless its in the dog box going running or hunting. I have each dog separated in their own pen. JMHO

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you get a pup I hope your older male can tolerate the pup playing and tormenting because he will be all over the old dog. The old dog won't like it and bad things could happen when you are not around or a night. JMO
Yea that’s A good point i didn’t even take into consideration, he’s really good with other dogs but idk how he would do With one constantly On him

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a male pup that is all over my 2 females, I have to step in sometimes because there has some nastiness between the 2. I know guys will say it teaches the pup how to be socialize, but if it is only one other dog problems could arise.
I hope that does not happen. Dogs are territorial and a new pup coming into the older dogs pen he might be pissed because his territory is and will eventually be challenged. I never put dogs together unless its in the dog box going running or hunting. I have each dog separated in their own pen. JMHO
See my current kennel is an old chicken coop converted with A house inside and A nice big run outside i was hoping i could get away with that and not have to add more fencing and what not

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are doing the right thing by taking time to get kennel set up and considering options. Kudos to you for not rushing out and picking up the first pup you find and having regrets later
Yea i already have 2 running dogs and just wanting to add A younger dog as my old male is almost 10 and i like having more than just one to run with so I hope i can find A good fit and A good jump dog to take my older males place but we shall see how it turns out!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts