Season is getting close. What you doing with your dogs?

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by mitch huguet, Sep 17, 2020.

1. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

mitch if she reads this, well wished I had got to meet you in person but hey maybe I can pick up one of those culls lol

2. Culverbeagles

Culverbeagles Well-Known Member

Il
    Finally got mine out this past Sunday. Took a little while to get em settled down but then they circled one 3 times till the lost him. Didn’t think that was to bad since they ain’t been out since March

3. Zach L

Zach L Active Member

I just got my beagle pup two months ago. I’ve had her out once or twice a week since I got her. She’s starting to circle rabbits almost every time I take her out. We usually only stay out a few hours at a time but she’s brought 2 or 3 back around to gun range each time. I can’t wait for opening day!

4. mitch huguet

mitch huguet Well-Known Member

She sounds like a really nice dog!!! You should be very proud of her.

5. jhook04

jhook04 Well-Known Member

In my opinion that’s the best part of having hounds. Seeing the growth that occurs from birth to first dead rabbit. I’m in that stage right now. 11 weeks old and starting to really love the smell and I am loving watch her tail get faster and faster. Thanks for your post and welcome to the site. Glad to have you!!

T.Hatcher, Circle4p, Zach L and 2 others like this.
  6. Zach L

Zach L Active Member

I couldn’t agree more. Each time we go out she gets better. Man oh man the few sight chases are something to behold. You can tell things are starting to click the more they’re in the bush. November can’t come soon enough!!

T.Hatcher and Circle4p like this.
  7. Greenhaw

Greenhaw Well-Known Member

Tn
    I get to see a lot of pups start. It never gets old. When I don't get excited when a pup starts. It may be time to get out. I hope that day never comes.

8. Hippy

Hippy Well-Known Member

Western Md
    I have been able to run mine some these past two weekends --The two "Linewalker" (Just turned 1 year Old) pups are doing good ran them last Saturday with two Older Gyps and they had steady running for over 1 1/2 hrs and pulled a couple of checks .

Ran them this past Saturday and pretty much the same story they did jump one of the Rabbits--Sunday ran them with my Hunting buddy's Gyp the pups jumped two of the three Rabbits and they all holed after good chases--one Rabbit ran for over 1 3/4 mile from where we jumped it --had a lot of this these pat couple of years the Rabbits just DON'T Circle

Jim

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  9. Red dog 007

Red dog 007 Well-Known Member

6EB6F226-70E3-422F-9182-B2649F93D47E.png going to be runnin~n~gunnin this little fella right here. (chrome.) he 4 months old right now

TJRANGER, Circle4p, T.Hatcher and 7 others like this.
  10. marshall dillon

marshall dillon Well-Known Member

Virginia
    Nice picture and good looking puppy . If you have a repeat breeding , you are going to make me drive to Kentucky .

TJRANGER, Circle4p, T.Hatcher and 2 others like this.
  11. Grizzly creek beagles

Grizzly creek beagles Well-Known Member

Man he’s a looker, How’s he progressing red dog??

12. Running La. biares

Running La. biares Well-Known Member

Ooooowwweeeeeee,Red he’s nice

13. Red dog 007

14. Red dog 007

he’s coming right on along.running his own rabbit. im really liking this fella

TJRANGER, Circle4p, T.Hatcher and 4 others like this.
  15. T.Hatcher

T.Hatcher Well-Known Member

Haven't had mine out yet cause of the snakes but cooling down this weekend so might grab a couple & let them go.

16. Ken's Kennels

Ken's Kennels Well-Known Member

Took our 4 young dogs down to nc and had a young man run them 4 to 5 times a week for us. It is impossible for us to get the time to run our dogs that much. Our kennels are over an hour from home. This fella sent us videos and critiques every time he ran them. The little bluetick I got from rienmark last year really blossomed the time she was down there. All the dogs came back slimmed down and ears and tails torn up. Had them there 3 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  17. Greenhaw

Greenhaw Well-Known Member

Tn
    I have made my last cuts for this season. I have a nice hunting pack and a couple nice Derbies for my Granddaughter to trial. I will move a couple pups when they get further along. All and All. I think I am ready for the season.

18. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    I have 3 that are rolling, still working on Drakes pup but she’s coming along real good. My oldest gyp I am retiring to occasionally running around the house. Looking forward to my Sammi pup from Donnie Tew. Plan on breeding 2 of my gyps late fall if they come in heat when they normally do. 1 to Payday and 1 to Mr H. If my older gyp comes in going to breed her to Fleahops stud out of Bull

TaterNort, Curnel, Seark and 3 others like this.