Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got my beagle pup two months ago. I’ve had her out once or twice a week since I got her. She’s starting to circle rabbits almost every time I take her out. We usually only stay out a few hours at a time but she’s brought 2 or 3 back around to gun range each time. I can’t wait for opening day!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just got my beagle pup two months ago. I’ve had her out once or twice a week since I got her. She’s starting to circle rabbits almost every time I take her out. We usually only stay out a few hours at a time but she’s brought 2 or 3 back around to gun range each time. I can’t wait for opening day!
In my opinion that’s the best part of having hounds. Seeing the growth that occurs from birth to first dead rabbit. I’m in that stage right now. 11 weeks old and starting to really love the smell and I am loving watch her tail get faster and faster. Thanks for your post and welcome to the site. Glad to have you!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
In my opinion that’s the best part of having hounds. Seeing the growth that occurs from birth to first dead rabbit. I’m in that stage right now. 11 weeks old and starting to really love the smell and I am loving watch her tail get faster and faster. Thanks for your post and welcome to the site. Glad to have you!!

I couldn’t agree more. Each time we go out she gets better. Man oh man the few sight chases are something to behold. You can tell things are starting to click the more they’re in the bush. November can’t come soon enough!!

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I have been able to run mine some these past two weekends --The two "Linewalker" (Just turned 1 year Old) pups are doing good ran them last Saturday with two Older Gyps and they had steady running for over 1 1/2 hrs and pulled a couple of checks .

Ran them this past Saturday and pretty much the same story they did jump one of the Rabbits--Sunday ran them with my Hunting buddy's Gyp the pups jumped two of the three Rabbits and they all holed after good chases--one Rabbit ran for over 1 3/4 mile from where we jumped it --had a lot of this these pat couple of years the Rabbits just DON'T Circle

Jim

·
Registered
531 Posts
Took our 4 young dogs down to nc and had a young man run them 4 to 5 times a week for us. It is impossible for us to get the time to run our dogs that much. Our kennels are over an hour from home. This fella sent us videos and critiques every time he ran them. The little bluetick I got from rienmark last year really blossomed the time she was down there. All the dogs came back slimmed down and ears and tails torn up. Had them there 3 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
5,621 Posts
I have 3 that are rolling, still working on Drakes pup but she’s coming along real good. My oldest gyp I am retiring to occasionally running around the house. Looking forward to my Sammi pup from Donnie Tew. Plan on breeding 2 of my gyps late fall if they come in heat when they normally do. 1 to Payday and 1 to Mr H. If my older gyp comes in going to breed her to Fleahops stud out of Bull

21 - 38 of 38 Posts