Rabbit Dogs banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to hot here. Beagles might stand it but I can't.
Lots of babies here as well.
I understand where you are coming from. Heat index here has been in the triple digits all but 3 days in the last 2 weeks. I have seen several babies myself, just hoping the coyotes don't get them before it cools off

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still quiet time here in Michigan for a couple more weeks. Itching to get the boys out.

No shortage of baby or adult rabbits here in the yard. It's funny, my 2 18 month old males will just sit in their pen and watch rabbits that are no more than 30 feet from their pen. No barking, just watching. Let them out though and they will burn that bunny up. I like to think it's a sign of intelligence.

My 5 month female on the other hand will bark her head off at them. Maybe one of these days I'll have to kick the kennel door open and see if she'll take off after it.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I soloed Tank this morning . I put him on a grown rabbit that I saw in the yard . He ran it fair . He crossed the gravel road twice , but it lost him on the third time . His mouth was real good and he worked the checks good until he couldn’t figure it out on that last check . He started searching some then. I don’t know why he couldn’t get that check , he was all over the track .

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was running today Tank jumped the rabbit . They ran pretty good for about 16 minutes and then lost it . I think it crossed the state gravel road . I saw them working the road . They struggle some on that road and times they go right across it . Tank was funny , he put his front feet up on a tree and looked up in the tree . They finished up on a baby rabbit about the size of my fist . They couldn’t run it good and I caught them as soon as I could .

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Still quiet time here in Michigan for a couple more weeks. Itching to get the boys out.

No shortage of baby or adult rabbits here in the yard. It's funny, my 2 18 month old males will just sit in their pen and watch rabbits that are no more than 30 feet from their pen. No barking, just watching. Let them out though and they will burn that bunny up. I like to think it's a sign of intelligence.

My 5 month female on the other hand will bark her head off at them. Maybe one of these days I'll have to kick the kennel door open and see if she'll take off after it.
Man a couple weeks back I legit watching a rabbit beneath my kennels

My dog was just staring at it lol

Let em out they’ll destroy it

Guess they know it’s a waste of energy lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts